Rangers are interested in signing ex-Dundee United midfielder Morgaro Gomis and his former team-mate Prince Bauben, according to the players' agent.

Ladi Salami has told BBC Scotland that he has also discussed potential moves for the duo to Aberdeen and Hearts.

Both players were signed for United in 2007 by Craig Levein.

Gomis left Tannadice to join Birmingham City in 2011, while Bauben moved to Watford after almost four seasons on Tayside.

Gomis and Bauben are now free agents and Salami told BBC Scotland that he has opened discussions with the Ibrox club, but had also been entertaining interest from England.

"I have spoken to Ally McCoist about them," said Salami. "Aberdeen and Hearts are also interested. The clubs know them well from their time in Scotland.

"There is also interest from Championship clubs. I expect something to happen in the next two weeks. The players want it all sorted before pre-season training starts."

Agent talk ... (I spare you the clicks for BBC and giving Dundee-Informer Jim Spence any hits):

Rangers keen on ex-Dundee United duo

Rangers are interested in signing ex-Dundee United midfielder Morgaro Gomis and his former team-mate Prince Bauben, according to the players' agent.

Ladi Salami has told BBC Scotland that he has also discussed potential moves for the duo to Aberdeen and Hearts.

Both players were signed for United in 2007 by Craig Levein.

Gomis left Tannadice to join Birmingham City in 2011, while Bauben moved to Watford after almost four seasons on Tayside.

Gomis and Bauben are now free agents and Salami told BBC Scotland that he has opened discussions with the Ibrox club, but had also been entertaining interest from England.

"I have spoken to Ally McCoist about them," said Salami. "Aberdeen and Hearts are also interested. The clubs know them well from their time in Scotland.

"There is also interest from Championship clubs. I expect something to happen in the next two weeks. The players want it all sorted before pre-season training starts."

BBC Scotland

I'd be surprised if Spence knows anything, but anyways ...

BBC Scotland

Agent talk ... (I spare you the clicks for BBC and giving Dundee-Informer Jim Spence any hits):

I'd be surprised if Spence knows anything, but anyways ...

On the official website.........No Interest In Midfield Pair.....http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/4105-no-interest-in-midfield-pair?