In what sense ? That goian and boca are expensive? He's a football manager, he wants the best team he can have on the park. Offers will have been made to these two, probably on reduced wages and we are waiting for an answer from them. Probably why no CBs lined up in the media.

In the sense that we are playing essentially part time level football with our lowest ever turnovers in relative terms and he wants to bring back into the fold 3 players whose combined salary would be a quarter of the entire squads. It's all very well him wanting the best team on the park and he should have that but it has to be a team we can afford. We should not be jeopardising the clubs financial future just to massage a managers ego or to keep a manager excuse free. If Ally cannot work with what he already has at this level then as a club we have huge problems. We do not need any of those 3 and nor do i believe we can afford to keep them. Their wages are grotesque at this level. It also does not justify any gulf in quality between them and their opponents.

No way will the be getting the original wages if they stay - is what I'm saying if you read my post. Perhaps this is what we disagree on.

Why wouldn't they? They are under contract for another year, their huge contracts. The 3 of them need to go.

Squad update:

Bell

Alexander (35)

Gallagher (23)

Smith (20)

Mitchell (21) - Hegarty (20) - Cribari (33) - Wallace (25)

Argyriou (25) - Bocanegra - Goian - (Smith)

Cole (21) - Perry (23) - Faure (22) - . . .

. . . - Gasparotto (18) - McAusland (20) - . . .

Little (24) - Law (25) - Black (28) - Templeton (24)

(Humphrey) - Macleod (18) - Hutton (22) - McKay (18)

. . . - Crawford (20) - Shiels (28) - Aird (18)

. . . - Peralta (23) - . . . - . . .

McCulloch (35) - Clark (22)

Daly (30) - Naismith (21)

Hemmings (21) - . . .

I wouldn't mind selling or loaning the bolded chaps. Would still leave us with 23 players, plus any newbies and youngsters.

Edited by der Berliner
Ages added

I think it's obvious that if we can't loan or transfer Boca and Goian then we will have to keep them and play them. We can't have such expensive players not playing. They have contracts and I don't see us paying them off or them reducing their wages.

As such, we can't afford to bring in a new CB until at least one of them is off the payroll.

Seems to me that if there is a chance of players staying then you shouldn't say you want rid of them in public - if you want them to play well for you.

Can't see where the ignorance of our manager comes from. He's always come across as an intelligent and knowledgeable guy - who would trounce most people here on a Question of Sport never mind on a football field. He may not have shown the management Midas Touch yet but he's certainly no mug.

Edited by calscot