Whyte,Green,Imrad....The Deal according to Whyte

Fair comment mate and I suspect we're all the same for the most part.

However, the fact is until Ally gave the nod last August, we'd only sold less than 1000 season tickets.

But only because many of us were unable to renew tickets at that point. The figure being less than 1,000 was nothing to do with Ally.

But only because many of us were unable to renew tickets at that point. The figure being less than 1,000 was nothing to do with Ally.

Fair point but I think we both know, banking facilities or not, the backing of the manager was crucial. Probably not as big an effect as we'd like to think but important enough nonetheless.

There are clearly people who not only rely on the 'unconditional' supporter, but prey on them too. There is a world of difference from being reticent to give someone you mistrust your money and remaining a supporter of the club. Frankly the former is neglecting personal responsibility. Pretending everything is okay or doesn't concern 'me' damages the club too.

If someone can demonstrate clearly that me not renewing my season ticket is in the club's best interests then I wouldn't renew (probably) but if that's not done then I will renew. We are at the stage that everything is so unclear that I can't see any benefit in not renewing.

If someone can demonstrate clearly that me not renewing my season ticket is in the club's best interests then I wouldn't renew (probably) but if that's not done then I will renew. We are at the stage that everything is so unclear that I can't see any benefit in not renewing.

That's the crux of the matter right there.

Does any potential new owner hide in the shadows and hope the price comes down? Or do they come clean, explain the situation clearly and ask us to force the issue?

It's a dangerous tactic no matter what and, in the meantime, the club suffers.

That's the crux of the matter right there.

Does any potential new owner hide in the shadows and hope the price comes down? Or do they come clean, explain the situation clearly and ask us to force the issue?

It's a dangerous tactic no matter what and, in the meantime, the club suffers.

We could be heading for admin no 2.

Not renewing would surely only harm the club,renewing will help the club regardless of who owns us

Not renewing in the short term may help force a sale. A blunt and dangerous tactic but I think very soon it's one strategy we may be asked to use. As BD rightly says though, the reasons for new ownership have to be made clear.

we get one chance a year to force change.

blue pitch ahmed and zeus seem determined to remain in control and i have to ask why. what are they going to do with that control.

i doubt it's anything in rangers interest and everything in theirs.

16 May 2013

Rangers International Football Club plc

("Rangers", the "Company" or the "Club")

Comment re Press Speculation

The Board of Rangers has noted the recent press speculation regarding a requisition for a General Meeting. The Board confirms that it has received such correspondence and is seeking to establish the validity of this requisition. Further announcements will be made as appropriate.

For further information please contact:

[TABLE=class: aj, width: 600]

[TR]

[TD=class: m]Rangers International Football Club plc

[/TD]

[TD=class: l]www.rangers.co.uk

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: m]Investor enquiries: Malcolm Murray, Chairman

Media Enquiries: James Traynor

[/TD]

[TD=class: l]Tel: 0141 580 8647

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: m][/TD]

[TD=class: l][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: m]Cenkos Securities plc

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: m]Stephen Keys, Adrian Hargrave, Max Hartley (Corporate Finance)

[/TD]

[TD=class: l]Tel: 020 7397 8900

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: m]Russell Kerr (Corporate Broking)

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: m][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: m]Newgate Threadneedle

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: m]Graham Herring / John Coles / Roddy Watt / Fiona Conroy

[/TD]

[TD=class: l]Tel: 020 7148 6143

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=11584364

It all sounds too simple to me that if we deny the club working capital the ownership is just going to kindly pass it on. What exactly is to stop them putting us into administration again and/or flogging the assets? As people are so keen to point out these people don't have any emotional attachment to the club, so if we're starving the club of finance they may as well just let it die no?

Any ownership, 'Rangers men' or otherwise need season ticket money. So unless someone can categorically prove to me that the money is not being used as working capital then I cannot see how refusing to renew my season ticket is doing anything other than hurting the club.