The plan is to form SPL2 & invite QOTS & RFC.

I know this is all conjecture still but I think if this did come to pass I'd be finished with game up here. I've become more and more disillusioned over the last 18 months but I've clung to the fact that throughout all the lies, double standards, cheating and thieving we, Rangers, behaved with integrity. We took our 'punishment' and got on with it, we're working our way back and accepting the pain and indignity that comes with that.

But if we're shown to be as shallow and greedy as the rest, if we'd really drop the SFL sides who have largely welcomed us this season then I think that would be the last straw for me. Dignity is something you choose, we should know that better than anyone. I truly hope there is no substance to this.

Bluedell: the SFL1 clubs have been making noises about legal advice which would allow them to ignore the standard notice period.

I can see both sides of the argument. On one hand, the quicker we rise to the top the better. On the other, why should we help out clubs who shafted us with no remorse?

Defiantly need to tread carefully. Although, our transfer activity does take on a different perspective when you consider this seems to be in the offing.

no chance of that. It would have been spent long ago by the corrupt SPL cabal[/quote

You acknowledge that the cabal is corrupt yet you would have us go crawling back to them just so that we could finance them for make no mistake it is the Rangers' pound that they're after? They made their bed by their act of vindictive spite, let them lie on it. Hell mend them.

I know this is all conjecture still but I think if this did come to pass I'd be finished with game up here. I've become more and more disillusioned over the last 18 months but I've clung to the fact that throughout all the lies, double standards, cheating and thieving we, Rangers, behaved with integrity. We took our 'punishment' and got on with it, we're working our way back and accepting the pain and indignity that comes with that.

But if we're shown to be as shallow and greedy as the rest, if we'd really drop the SFL sides who have largely welcomed us this season then I think that would be the last straw for me. Dignity is something you choose, we should know that better than anyone. I truly hope there is no substance to this.

Well said, that man.

Put it on the table of the possible EGM.

I for one doubt that Rangers will accept any invitation.

I do so hope that you are right. However; I have a sneaking suspicion that part of Walter's remit will be to soften up the support. I believe that if we were to accept this poisoned chalice, it would have a deleterious effect on ST sales.

Of course they're corrupt but I want Rangers to become Scottish champions again as soon as possible. As I said earlier it's not good for us commercially to be in the lower divisions. If we were offered SPL2 then I'd be in favour of acceptance under strict conditions. such as removal of the transfer embargo & a full investigation into the 5way agreement for starters

Guest Geo the Ger

They just don't get it! They wanted Gers dead and buried behind the mask of so-called 'Sporting Integrity' last year. There's no way the vast majority of bluenoses would accept being fast-tracked, especially after all that jealous hatred we had to endure. Leave us alone to work our way through the leagues, back to the top. Gers survived, never died.

Are things not becoming more & more obvious now ? remember last summer when Dumbcaster & Liewell went to negotiate with SKY ? If rumours are true then SKY's original contract stated either of the OF could only be out of the top division for one season. It looks like Liewell & Dumbcaster managed to persuade SKY to extend that to 2 seasons meaning league reconstruction would see us put into the second tier (the new SPL2?) for next season hoping we'd get promoted in one season back to the top. Is that why they're keeping this SKY deal secret?

Edited by RANGERRAB

If we think there are splits and factions in the Rangers support now just wait and see what happens if this comes to pass. I know many fans who are saying that will be them finished with Rangers.

The club needs to tread very carefully here.

As if doing it once isn't enough, that's a double whammy of cutting your nose off to spite your face!! First over the actual issue facing the club and then over the club itself. The club should invite all the folk having hissy fits down to the stadium and hand out lolly pops and sweeties!