Would you accept SPL2 if.............

We are years behind the BHEASTS regardless of what happens, we need time to build a decent squad that will be able to compete with them and Europe,how would we compete if we were to leap frog a division?,I just don't get where we will be able to compete any quicker?

It took Celtic what 2-3 seasons to start giving us a challenge in the 90s? And this was while being SPL. So Id guess it could take us 3-4 years.

We'd still have two transfer windows in which to improve the squad before returning to the SPL. Those two transfer windows were always going to be the most significant in terms of attracting top players to even attempt a challenge for the SPL title.

But would we have just signed Clark, Law, Daly etc if we were a year nearer to challeging? No disrespect to those players but Im hoping for a higher quality of signing when we are an SPL club. Clark was bought to score goals in Div 2.

And to answer the original post, those things should happen anyway but its still a no go for me. We are where we are.

It took Celtic what 2-3 seasons to start giving us a challenge in the 90s? And this was while being SPL. So Id guess it could take us 3-4 years.

It will largely depend on budget and luck in the transfer market. We'll definitely need to strengthen but not as much as many would suggest. How much weaker are we currently compared to our last SPL run-in? What players do we miss most? There's maybe only 4 or 5 who were a significantly higher quality of player than what we have atm. I don't expect it to take as long as 3-4 years.

But would we have just signed Clark, Law, Daly etc if we were a year nearer to challeging? No disrespect to those players but Im hoping for a higher quality of signing when we are an SPL club. Clark was bought to score goals in Div 2.

I don't see why not. If we aren't fast tracked then the only real difference I can see in recruitment terms a year from now will be our ability to pay a fee. Clark's a young player who knows his way to goal. Would we have signed him if we were in the SPL? Probably not, but that's got more to do with us not scouting the lower leagues than anything else. I'm not saying Clark's been brought in as a long term solution, but I'd like to think he'll be given a fair shot.

The big issue is that all the morons out there - including rentamouths like Lennon - have to understand that the SFA and the SPL were wrong. This will mean that they both have to make a statement to that effect.

I will not sanction or support another under the table fudge that gets supporters of lesser clubs in a tizzy calling us cheats etc.

The ball is in firmly in the court of the SPL and the SFA on this one.

I worry that if the Club fudge this one it will create a serious division amongst us.

What people needs to understand is that what went on last summer i.e. everything directed at us has changed Scottish football forever. Our relationship with the SPL/SFA & most bigger clubs will never be the same again.

I would not accept any such invitation as that would send the clear signal to those who tried to kill us that 'it's ok, you can shit on us any time you like, we'll always forgive you because money means more to us than principle.' (Or should that be Sporting Integrity?). We have a chance here to do something that no other Scottish team has ever done and that is win all 4 division titles. Liewell's cabal would just love that and for that alone, it would make the whole exercise worthwhile.

Craig Mather on the club's HP:

“The interesting thing for me is that I love pulling opinions in from people because you can’t make an educated decision on anything without listening to others.

“I’ve had quite a number of emails and conversations where some think we should just work our way up the leagues and others think we should be back at the top as quickly as possible.

“There are mixed views but as far as we are concerned, we want to work our way up the leagues. There’s no grey area there and we want to work our way up.”

With the state and flux we are in at the moment, I actually think this will suit our club competitively. We really need to get our finances sorted for a solid base for future squad investment to be able to compete with Celtic. We're nowhere near sorted yet and the fans will probably find winning the lower divisions more palatable than a couple of seasons of really struggling in the SPL.

It also gives the SPL some more time to fail which for me is almost a necessity for the future health of Scottish football. That cancer needs to be excised or shrunk with some metaphorical chemo...