"Jim Hannah(facebook) Home top wont be out till August the third top will be out in 3rd week in July"

WATP

I see our marketing dept. is living up to it's incompetent amatuer status once again... Why the feek would you release the 3rd strip before the home strip? That does not make any sense. Poor, poor, poor

We have to remember this is a joint venture with Sports Direct and Rangers Retail Ltd so it may not be as efficient as a straight-forward kit supply deal which other clubs have.

May explain the delay.

I see our marketing dept. is living up to it's incompetent amatuer status once again... Why the feek would you release the 3rd strip before the home strip? That does not make any sense. Poor' date=' poor, poor[/quote']

I would simply assume that Puma and Rangers can easily whip up a third choice strip to their hearts' content, whereas the first and the second strip probably needs to be checked out with other teams of the division (which?), clashes with other Puma strips out there, the ruling body's approval etc. pp.. Not knowing, just saying. There can be lots of little things that we have no idea about, things that can easily hold up any release.

I would simply assume that Puma and Rangers can easily whip up a third choice strip to their hearts' content, whereas the first and the second strip probably needs to be checked out with other teams of the division (which?), clashes with other Puma strips out there, the ruling body's approval etc. pp.. Not knowing, just saying. There can be lots of little things that we have no idea about, things that can easily hold up any release.

Not sure Berliner. As someone who works with fashion retailers, I think it's incredulous that you would start a new promotional venture with the release the least important part of the range. Sport Direct and Puma will not be making their margins on a Rangers 3rdsstrip. That lies on getting out a decent home strip into the market. IMO this is poor.

Guest JMac_88

I think maybe Jim Hannah has got some of his information wrong in terms of the launch time scales predicted.

I do wonder why the deal was completed so late though, if that is the case and is causing these issues.

I seriously doubt Rangers & Puma would want to lose out on the potential sales by launching the tops later than usual. The Launch of the Third top might be correct as i Newcastle has their 2013/2014 change kit out on sale already.

But it just seems a bit backwards from my point of view.