Well, according to my calendar, the next season is still more than a month away.

Irrelevant in my opinion.

We have been told by the club the kit will not be out until August. Not good enough in my opinion.

Lindsay Herron ‏@rfc_lindsay 43s

Had some questions/comments on kit. Reason home kit is not on sale til August is production time due to timing of Puma deal (1/2)

Lindsay Herron ‏@rfc_lindsay 46s

We will have shots of all three kits on site later next week (2/2)

We will be losing all sorts of money right now.

Well, as usual, people can sure pre-order stuff now and it is being send out when available. Can't see why we lose money here, as people will buy the kits/jerseys anyway. If they really really want to spend their money on the club, buy a brick and invest directly into the club. (Yes, I can't see the fuzz here ... )

Did Mathers not answer some questions at NARSA regarding Merchandise? - I would be surprised if When does the new Kit launch was not one of them? lol

His reply was basically the bog standard "We're looking into ways of improving things".

Well, as usual, people can sure pre-order stuff now and it is being send out when available. Can't see why we lose money here, as people will buy the kits/jerseys anyway. If they really really want to spend their money on the club, buy a brick and invest directly into the club. (Yes, I can't see the fuzz here ... )

And e can this stuff be pre-ordered from ? I just looked at the RFC merchandising page and it still has the 2012/13 tops on there. The PUMA merchandising site doesn't have ANYTHING related to RFC and the Sports Direct site has only 2012/13 on there.

So just where are we to pre-order this stuff ? Further, how many people would pre-order without even seeing what the design is, especially from a new supplier ?

People WILL buy the kits and jerseys anyway but what you are missing is that these are opportunities lost - Father's Day would have been perfect for sales. It IS a missed opportunity, as is the kit not being released in time for NARSA too. For anyone to suggest it isn't a missed opportunity (not saying you are) it is akin to saying "ach, no need for the jerseys to be ready in time for Christmas" - Father's Day is a missed opportunity and it could have seen sales that we nw wont see.

It could be contractual.....they may not be able to officially sell the Puma kit until the current contract officially ends!!!

If that is the case, there is nothing they can do about it, and is all part & parcel of changing suppliers....

It could be contractual.....they may not be able to officially sell the Puma kit until the current contract officially ends!!!

If that is the case, there is nothing they can do about it, and is all part & parcel of changing suppliers....

And it could be the time scale from when design is agreed and contracts are signed to then planning a production slot at their chosen manufacturing plant.

And it could be the time scale from when design is agreed and contracts are signed to then planning a production slot at their chosen manufacturing plant.

There always seems to be an excuse. Hundreds of other clubs changed manufacturers this year and many of them have their new kits on sale already. There is no dressing this shambles up. There is no excuse.

There always seems to be an excuse. Hundreds of other clubs changed manufacturers this year and many of them have their new kits on sale already. There is no dressing this shambles up. There is no excuse.

but how many are going through the upheaval that we are.....It may be due to the constant board level squabbling etc that there was a delay in approving the design.....

Sometimes there are valid reasons for delays....

but how many are going through the upheaval that we are.....It may be due to the constant board level squabbling etc that there was a delay in approving the design.....

Sometimes there are valid reasons for delays....

Maybe mate but it sounds like just another excuse.