Hertz in Admin in 24hrs

It is an abomination that Junior football was ignored in the process - though it remains to be seen which Junior teams actually applied.

I am an avid supporter of Auchinleck Talbot (Scotland's most successful Junior team BY FAR) and they would have probably won promotion in thier first season in the Lowland league (if given the chance and IF they applied) - they have beaten senior teams in Scotland and went to Tynecastle in the Scottish Cup last year and only lost 1-0 thanks to a late penalty (least I think it was a penalty IIRC). They have decent (if unspectacular) facilities and would have been a decent addition to the Lowland league. Talbot, in my hunble opinion, would compete favourably in SFL2 and, quite possibly, SFL1.

Talbot are by no means the only Junior team either that could, and should, have been considered -CammyF wont like this... but Linlithgow Rose are another - and Pollok have very decent facilities too (even if their team has slid in the last decade) - and there are others, all of whom would have provided stiff competition for promotion spots.

The SFA and SPFL talk about this "new exciting dawn" of theirs by creating a Lowland league - how much more of a "fairy tale" element could the inclusion of a junior team or two have been

Scottish football's problem is that there are too many senior clubs. 42 is a ridiculous number for a country the size of Scotland the majority of which are wee clubs who'd be better off playing in the junior & amateur leagues. Two professional leagues of 10 or 12 (div1 & div2)would be sufficient.

As for this Lowland league I fail to see what it brings to the game in Scotland other than even more wee clubs with dillusions of grandeur and a begging bowl.

Nah, Mick'n'Keef are too classy to have a pop at the Jambos. I've got mixed emotions. I know you can't always get what you want, and I've got no expectations, but this could be the last time that we can show any sympathy for these devils because it's all over now. But you'd be a fool to cry for them, even though it's sad sad sad and a lot of Jambos will be shattered and needing some kind of emotional rescue. Me? I'm happy.

quality mate!

Looking at it objectively, I think it could be a good thing for Scottish football if Hearts disappear. I've said many times it would have made a more competitive league if Hearts had "merged" with Hibs under Wallace Mercer.

Edinburgh can support one big club or two small ones. In twenty years, Hibs could be a reasonable third force in Scottish football.

However, their minority religion oriented background could put paid to that. Religion just alienates all non-followers of that religion.

Perhaps Hibs need to disappear too and a new, all encompassing Edinburgh club rise from the ashes.

I take it that this is designed to tease any lurking Hearts fans. If senior football clubs start to merge I think that people will turn away from the game altogether. I would if it happened to my team.

Scottish football's problem is that there are too many senior clubs. 42 is a ridiculous number for a country the size of Scotland the majority of which are wee clubs who'd be better off playing in the junior & amateur leagues. Two professional leagues of 10 or 12 (div1 & div2)would be sufficient.

As for this Lowland league I fail to see what it brings to the game in Scotland other than even more wee clubs with dillusions of grandeur and a begging bowl.

People often bring this up but I almost never see anyone attempt to qualify it. Too many senior clubs for what?

People often bring this up but I almost never see anyone attempt to qualify it. Too many senior clubs for what?

Too many clubs to achieve an entertaining level of football, for many reasons. The population is one thing, meaning clubs in the lower leagues have an average attendance of 500. If there was less clubs then crowds would naturally be bigger meaning more income and producing a better standard.

However it isnt so much the number of clubs for me, its the number of divisions. 2 or 3 would be a better set up making it more competitive.

Other factors are weather, I think playing in the summer would give a better product.

On a sidenote, the Scottish Women (and Girls) Leagues play from March to November. Scottish women's football is very much on the up (even if somesuch does not mean much to many football enthusiasts).

What people may need to remember: all European games correspond with the autumn/winter/spring leagues. Probably a reason why some Scandinavian teams fall away during the later stages of the tournament.

That said, Summer football would also mean a bridge for football enthusiasts, as there hardly is summer football for the British audience elsewhere, if you take the WC and European Championships out of the equation ... though these would generally not thwart any Scottish team's ambitions (though the Scum will as always cry loudest about their one or two world stars players ... )

So from talking to Jambos at work today they're all optimistic and excited about this bid and being debt free and it all being sorted quickly. Not to mention talk of bidding wars between rival consortiums and a rosy future....

So from talking to Jambos at work today they're all optimistic and excited about this bid and being debt free and it all being sorted quickly. Not to mention talk of bidding wars between rival consortiums and a rosy future....

... so were we with the news about the Blue Knights, King, McColl, etc.

On a sidenote, ...

If they fail to agree a CVA they could stay in administration or liquidation could follow. At that point, parties could buy the club's assets - players, Tynecastle Stadium, the Riccarton training base, SPL/SPFL share, Scottish Football Association membership - and apply to play in the new SPFL.

Can we buy their share and ... "for the good of the game" ... enter the SPFL 1 next season? Just to see a Grand Scale Timplosion?

Too many clubs to achieve an entertaining level of football, for many reasons. The population is one thing, meaning clubs in the lower leagues have an average attendance of 500. If there was less clubs then crowds would naturally be bigger meaning more income and producing a better standard.

However it isnt so much the number of clubs for me, its the number of divisions. 2 or 3 would be a better set up making it more competitive.

I'm afraid I don't agree with either point. There is no reason to expect these fans to support other senior clubs rather than a local team. Even if they did the effect would be insignificant. Neither would fewer divisions make the remaining ones more competitive.