Hertz in Admin in 24hrs

Having read that thread, it strengthens my position of ambivalence towards hearts. I cannot muster any sympathy or hate. Their club is in deep trouble but it's sill all conspiracy and hate against us. It's bizarre.

The only people I truly feel for are the employees, the actual employees you don't see in the press all the time. They are the ones who put in the hard work and ultimately they will be the ones hardest hit when job losses eventually hit. I don't like to see anyone lose their job because rich old men like to play about with money.

Looking at it objectively, I think it could be a good thing for Scottish football if Hearts disappear. I've said many times it would have made a more competitive league if Hearts had "merged" with Hibs under Wallace Mercer.

Edinburgh can support one big club or two small ones. In twenty years, Hibs could be a reasonable third force in Scottish football.

However, their minority religion oriented background could put paid to that. Religion just alienates all non-followers of that religion.

Perhaps Hibs need to disappear too and a new, all encompassing Edinburgh club rise from the ashes.

Perhaps Hibs need to disappear too and a new, all encompassing Edinburgh club rise from the ashes.

Spartans ... their Ladies team ain't that bad and methinks they've just been voted into the Lowland League too. There's also Edinburgh City.

BTW, one of our German boarders just wrote a little interesting article about senior and junior football, saying that quite a few of the junior teams are better than many of the senior teams (Eastern / Southern League). Yet, when whipping up the new Lowland League, junior football was kindly ignored.

Spartans ... their Ladies team ain't that bad and methinks they've just been voted into the Lowland League too. There's also Edinburgh City.

BTW, one of our German boarders just wrote a little interesting article about senior and junior football, saying that quite a few of the junior teams are better than many of the senior teams (Eastern / Southern League). Yet, when whipping up the new Lowland League, junior football was kindly ignored.

Having grown up in Selkirk, I have to completely agree. Its a great opportunity for them, and some of the others that have signed up for the Lowland league, but they are much smaller clubs than most junior teams. Someone like a Gala Fairydean could well make the step up with the right investment in some of their ageing infrastructure. But the team most likely to benefit from all this is Spartans. They've had significant investment in recent years and have one of the few academy systems in the whole of the Scottish game, already established.

As to why Junior teams are not involved... My understanding is that a number of them expressed initial interest but did not follow that up with an application.

LOL. I mean I could have leant towards sympathy but reading that I'm back where I was. Happier now? :P

Absolutely. Conversing with a woman who has no sense of direction and sayings things that make no sense at all? That's an environment in which I feel very much at home ;)

Until I read this, I'd assumed the Junior leagues would have to be involved in any Lowland league. The East of Scotland and South of Scotland leagues only cover a limited area of "the lowlands" - Ayrshire and Tayside, for example, aren't represented, which I find disappointing. Hopefully, as the pyramid is expanded in coming seasons this can be rectified.

Looking at it objectively, I think it could be a good thing for Scottish football if Hearts disappear. I've said many times it would have made a more competitive league if Hearts had "merged" with Hibs under Wallace Mercer.

Edinburgh can support one big club or two small ones. In twenty years, Hibs could be a reasonable third force in Scottish football.

The way I see it Edinburgh already has two of the biggest clubs in Scotland and I can't see how losing one of them can be good for the game. I see your point that they might then be able to compete with Rangers and Celtic for the title, but who's to say that in twenty years time one or both of them won't be able to do that anyway

The merger you suggest is like the 'objective' opinion of a neutral looking at Rangers and Celtic and saying 'They might just be able to compete properly at CL level if they put all that baggage behind them and formed one big club. Scotland can either have two wee clubs or one big club.'

It is an abomination that Junior football was ignored in the process - though it remains to be seen which Junior teams actually applied.

I am an avid supporter of Auchinleck Talbot (Scotland's most successful Junior team BY FAR) and they would have probably won promotion in thier first season in the Lowland league (if given the chance and IF they applied) - they have beaten senior teams in Scotland and went to Tynecastle in the Scottish Cup last year and only lost 1-0 thanks to a late penalty (least I think it was a penalty IIRC). They have decent (if unspectacular) facilities and would have been a decent addition to the Lowland league. Talbot, in my hunble opinion, would compete favourably in SFL2 and, quite possibly, SFL1.

Talbot are by no means the only Junior team either that could, and should, have been considered -CammyF wont like this... but Linlithgow Rose are another - and Pollok have very decent facilities too (even if their team has slid in the last decade) - and there are others, all of whom would have provided stiff competition for promotion spots.

The SFA and SPFL talk about this "new exciting dawn" of theirs by creating a Lowland league - how much more of a "fairy tale" element could the inclusion of a junior team or two have been

Edited by craig