Hertz in Admin in 24hrs

SOmeone on FF just noted:

The biggest problems for Hearts is two fold from what I can see.

1) - The parent company are in the process of being liquidated, the liquidators will want as much money as possible from any of Hearts' assets. Hearts' biggest asset is the stadium (Which is not listed) and the land it sits on. Why would the UBIG liquidator take a penny in the pound CVA when there's a potential goldmine sitting there in the land itself?

2) - Hearts have zero cash. They haven't even been paying players or staff - there is no income stream for them to continue to operate from today until a date where a CVA can be presented (Whether that be tomorrow, next week, next month or November - they don't have any money).

There will be no successful CVA, it's liquidation.

Why would the UBIG liquidator take a penny in the pound CVA when there's a potential goldmine sitting there in the land itself?

I think I read a quote from them the other day which stated that for the time being Hearts were more valuable to the UBIG creditors as a going concern. From that I'd guess the newco route would be their least preferred option. Selling the stadium and land would give them the biggest return, but time isn't on their side.

It'll be interesting to see how KPMG approach this.

Two years ago, I would probably have felt differently ... and even now I can't say I hate them (how could you hate a little boy in a Jambo kit?), but if you see something like this ...

One thread, 976 pages, 3,080,696 viewers and 48,794 replies just about all kicking the Rangers when we were down. (<- click for seeing this on the Jambo board)

... your sympathy lessens somewhat.

It was claimed on Follow Follow a month or so ago that the land was not much use. Too close to already existing supermarkets and unfit for homes due to some environmental reason.

Have no way of verifying this - just passing it on and noting the poster seemed sure of his claims.

Guest Dummiesoot

I honestly want to rise above petty vindictiveness but have put up with absolute shit from jambos I have to say I hope they rot in hell.

The biggest problem for Hearts is CASH....

Right now they don't have any, and there's no more coming in....

For a CVA to be successful, you need some one to put up the cash to pay the creditors.....

For a newco, you need someone to buy the assets....

There has been talks for a while about a group looking to take over Hearts, but I get the impression that they aren't exactly rolling in excess cash. I actually think there is quite a strong possibility that their Admin application may be rejected. In order for their application to be accepted, I'm sure the entity has to show signs of being a valid concern & to be able to finance the Admin period....Hearts can't even pay a £100k bill in full, have more cash due to HMRC, and a load of unpaid wages......is there even the remotest possibility that a judge could see the on financial future in a positive light???

I do hope that they can survive, since it would be a blow to the Scottish game. However I find it hard to offer any sympathy towards them. As others have said, Hearts were very vocal about our problems - those in glass houses etc....