Rangers team buses burnt out in Arson job at Bruce's coach garage, Salsburgh

Not a mention of Rangers buses on the BBC website, although they do say it was deliberate. No surprises on either count.

I'm surprised Pacific Quay didn't have the scrote up in Salsburgh doing an interview on one of the burnt out buses! :whistle:

Then again, most of the beeb staff at Pacific Quay were probably in Brentford today...

Edited by Zappa

probably yahoos or bus competitor gangsters.

True, but there's really no telling at the moment and there might never be. It's also possible that it was yahoos trying to make it look like bus contract competitors. Having said that, there's also the fact that Salsburgh houses 3 rival bus companies. Lot's of possibilities, so the police have their work cut out on this one unless they strike it lucky with some evidence.

Just seen someone pointing out that it was only very recently that the club's call center went on fire as well. No doubt just a coincidence though. It might even be the heat wave which is causing the fires.

Rangers boss Ally McCoist hits out at thugs as team bus is destroyed in arson attack

21 Jul 2013 07:00

POLICE say the blaze at Bruce's Coaches depot in Salsburgh, Lanarkshire which left four buses burnt out was started deliberately.

POLICE are probing an arson attack that gutted Rangers’ new £500,000 luxury team coach.

The bus was destroyed in the early hours blaze on Saturday after flames tore through the garage where it was kept.

Three other coaches – including a second one used by the Ibrox club – were also burnt out.

Police confirmed the blaze was deliberate and Rangers manager Ally McCoist said last night: “It saddens me. It really does.

“I think it’s pathetic that people would go to these extremes.

“It sounds like a premeditated attack on Rangers’ bus and I’m gutted about it but thankfully nobody’s been killed.”

Witnesses described how the Bruce’s Coaches depot in the Lanarkshire village of Salsburgh was rocked by a series of

explosions as the blaze took hold.

It is thought the arsonists cut a hole in a metal fence which surrounds the garage.

Boss John Bruce said: “It’s devastating. The Rangers buses are among four coaches totally destroyed.

“Luckily no one was injured and hopefully the police will get to the bottom of it.

“The Rangers bus is not a bus any more – it’s just a heap of scrap.”

Emergency services were called to the depot at around 2.40am.

Eight fire engines from Coatbridge, Motherwell and Airdrie attended the incident as well as paramedic teams.

Police yesterday sealed off the area while investigators tried to establish the cause of the fire.

Rangers only took delivery of the state-of-the-art bus last month.

It featured all mod cons including satellite TV, kitchen facilities and a physio treatment area.

The coach, which was made in the Netherlands, was decked out in Rangers tartan and had the private registration

plate R1 WTP – a reference to the fans’ chant We Are The People.

Eyewitness John Porter said: “The flames were sky-high and there were three big explosions.

“The guys in the garage were moving buses away from the fire, which was very brave of them.

“Thank God no one was injured.”

Another witness David Whiteford added: “Flames shot out the garage with each explosion. One made the whole street shake.

“A lot of people were out on the street but we thought it was safer to stay inside.

“But the firefighters managed to get everything under control quite quickly.”

Peter Dolan added: “I could hear things exploding and everyone was worried about what was going to happen next.

“I was asked to move my car so the emergency services could get more space. People were worried that it was going to spread to the next building but the fire brigade were attacking it from different angles.

“The new Rangers coach had only been in the garage for a couple of weeks and it was beautiful.

“It’s a shame it was destroyed but no one was injured and that’s more important.”

A Rangers spokesman said: “The club was shocked to learn of the news and we await the outcome of the police investigation.”

Last night Police Scotland confirmed the fire had been started deliberately and appealed for witnesses.

Detective Constable Craig Cheyne said: “There has been substantial damage to several coaches and the property and it’s imperative we trace those responsible.

“I appeal to anyone who may have any information or knowledge regarding this crime to get in touch with us.”

http://t.co/ToU3hn3UtF