McCoist blaming Green for today!!

To a certain point yes, but the media are having a field day with the return of Green with his dog & pony show and all this new boardroom and potential takeover stuff emerging.

With Green returning in particular, you can be sure there were some celebrations in press & media rooms when they got that news because his antics and patter are gold dust to the Scottish press & media.

They will have been harassing and provoking Ally into discussing the Green situation yesterday and today and unfortunately Ally isn't sharp enough with the sports press & media yet to not comment on the off field issues at the club. That's partly because of the position Ally was put in during the administration though, when he had no choice other than to get involved in and discuss the off field issues.

Is this the same consummate media savy tv star and host or a different Ally

This is a very bad interview for Ally and will possibly be the final nail in the coffin if he wants it or not.

It is something I certainly didn't expect, maybe more of the we tried our best, Forfar were good type of crap but not this.

Is this the same consummate media savy tv star and host or a different Ally

It's a very different type of media savy we're talking about to what Ally previously had experience with. As I said, the press & media will have harassed and provoked Ally into making comments about Green and then twisted his comments into the big front page headline material like "Ally Blames Green for Cup Exit" etc etc. It's the usual form from the Scottish press and I'm disappointed at Ally for not being wise to the pricks by now. He should just have said "no comment" to most of the questions about Green.

I doubt very much he'll last long now.

That was a shockingly bad statement to make but one i expected if things went bad early.

His statement a couple of weeks ago about struggling early was a ready made set-up for today's result and the after statement imo.

It smacked of a desperate Manager losing the plot.

Put your ego aside Ally and walk while you still have some pride.

You will always be a Legend for what you did while wearing a Rangers jersey but you are absolutely destroying any credibility you have as a Manager of the same Club.

It is Time.

I can understand McCoist's reluctance to leave. I can't see anyone else having him.

He wouldn't get a job at any other club. It's us or nothing for him.

He would still be inundated with offers from TV, so it isn't like he desperately needs to cling to the job as no others would be available to him !!

He would still be inundated with offers from TV, so it isn't like he desperately needs to cling to the job as no others would be available to him !!

I am not so sure now he has managed Rangers. O'Neill and Strachan seem to get a lot more work than the likes of McLeish and Smith.