Confirmed - Walter Smith has resigned

If Walter has to fit one last piece of his own Rangers jigsaw ....................... it has to be a statement from the heart that certainly does not hold back.

Edited by JTP

Much as though Walter resigning is a worry.... trying to put positive spin on it, it could very well have been done in order that he can hang his hat on Jim McColl ansd Paul Murray's efforts to wrest the club from GreenCo. Walter is no mug, he knows that the fanbase, for the most part, would follow him over the edge of a cliff. He is the ONE person at the club who is trusted implicitly.

If Walter comes out, now that he has no official role at the club and, therefore, no obligations to be careful what he says as it could have an impact on the club, and states his support for McColl and Murray getting the club then we truly will be in a watershed moment - the fans are tired of the constant boardroom bickering, they want closure - I suspect that the fans, for the most part, would rally around Walter's chosen potential owners.

Yes, I know he was used as the figurehead for a failed attempt previously - but we have seen too much in-fighting and the fans just want an end - I personally would prefer people like McColl and Blin with their business and financial backgrounds, than Ahmed and Green, who it is sage to say think only for their own good, certainly in Ahmad's case.

You don't believe in prioritising? The boardroom is a shambles, the most respected and trusted man in the last 25 years of Rangers has just walked away from the Chairman's role. Think about it STB, think about what's really important in the big picture here.

Unless the club's existence is at stake ie administration then I don't think we need to prioritise and put other issues to the side. Right now this seems like a bunch of fighting between factions that will eventually sort itself out one way or another, albeit it's painful for us as fans.

I actually think Walter's forthcoming statement' date=' depending on its content, may prove to be a watershed moment for us as a support.[/quote']

It may well, God help us if it does not.

On the park we are going to win the league and move up a division. Stage 2 will be complete. After that, will we even have any money left to get players? It feels like we'll end up arriving in the SPFL with £30m of debt

I view our footballing as about more than results.

Where did Calgacus say that ?

He/She said it was the least of our worries - and with today's developments I find it very difficult to disagree. You on the other hand dont.

We have far bigger fish to fry right now than a disastrous result at the weekend - if you cant see that then there is little hope.

We've spent a whole summer preparing for this new season and now it's the least of our worries.

You can at least see why i'm struggling.