enjoy watching the Premiership and there were a bunch of good games today, still watching MotD now, but one of the things I don't like, and it was exactly the same about what I disliked about Seria A in the 90's, when that was Europe's biggest and richest league, was the ability of the elite teams of this continent to buy players for the sake of other teams not being able to play them.

So now the EPL is supposedly (still prefer Spanish footie) that league we have the likes of Chelsea and Man City with the pick of eleven players from two team sheets that would still beat the best first XI of most EPL teams. Will the new wage structure rules change this? Would love that to be the case and make the league even more competitive, but not convinced.

It also denies the neutral spectator the opportunity to see the best players playing on a week on week basis, which is what Mourinho alluded to in his interview, either this morning or yesterday.

• 4 weeks later...

Pick up this thread from a few weeks ago. Arsenal done well to bounce back from the OT defeat which was a poor performance even though they deserved a draw.

Im still not convinced by Man Utd and think Spurs will respond to their defeat by Man City and get a draw.

Man City are unstoppable at home and will pick up a win although Swansea wont be easy but their record after playing on a Thursday night is poor.

Chelsea v Southampton is a good game and a possible away win.

Liverpool and Everton should both pick up wins staying in contention.

Arsenal have Cardiff today and Hull at home in midweek, what a chance to cement top spot in Dec.

Battles on at the bottom. Norwich v Palace and West Ham v Fulham. Both too unpredictable to have a bet on today.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to Arsenal v Everton tonight. I am hoping Arsenal win the league but hope Everton nip into the top 4. Martinez has done superb and a likeable manager.

Think The Goons will be 7 clear at the top after this one though.

I really hope the Arsenal can do it. I also want them to win the title though i have my doubts. They need a top class striker.

Did you go to Anfield yesterday? I watched the first half. West Ham are in trouble, defence is poor and they don't have any strikers.

Did you go to Anfield yesterday? I watched the first half. West Ham are in trouble, defence is poor and they don't have any strikers.

Yes mate. It was a good day but i was very very disappointed with the stadium itself. It's so small, old and not very nice at all. The concourse is a disaster waiting to happen, it is so cramped, only a few exits, no cues for the shops, just a free for all, toilets are tiny, and as you are not allowed your beer into the stand you have to drink it in the concourse with thousand of random strangers breathing into your face, it's horrible. It is nothing compared to Ibrox mate. We are so lucky. As for the football, i was no more entertained by that EPL match than i am at most Rangers matches until the last 20 mins or so when Suarez turned up!

Yes mate. It was a good day but i was very very disappointed with the stadium itself. It's so small, old and not very nice at all. The concourse is a disaster waiting to happen, it is so cramped, only a few exits, no cues for the shops, just a free for all, toilets are tiny, and as you are not allowed your beer into the stand you have to drink it in the concourse with thousand of random strangers breathing into your face, it's horrible. It is nothing compared to Ibrox mate. We are so lucky. As for the football, i was no more entertained by that EPL match than i am at most Rangers matches until the last 20 mins or so when Suarez turned up!

Sounds like that's where Liverpool are falling behind - the stadium. Why they don't build a joint stadium in Stanley Park with Everton is baffling. They don't have a nasty rivalry and both need a new stadium. If it works in Milan it can work in Liverpool.

Sounds like that's where Liverpool are falling behind - the stadium. Why they don't build a joint stadium in Stanley Park with Everton is baffling. They don't have a nasty rivalry and both need a new stadium. If it works in Milan it can work in Liverpool.

Totally agree, we actually parked in Goodison and that itself is also run down and horrible. It's such an old fashioned sh*te hole. Stanley Park is right in between and would be perfect for a new *80000 seater stadia. Both clubs deserve better.

* If they want to compete with Man Utd long term.

Totally agree, we actually parked in Goodison and that itself is also run down and horrible. It's such an old fashioned sh*te hole. Stanley Park is right in between and would be perfect for a new *80000 seater stadia. Both clubs deserve better.

* If they want to compete with Arsenal long term.

Fixed that sentence for you mate :thup:

But yeah a new ground in Stanley Park has too much common sense about it. 65000-70000 would tick the boxes.

I really hope Everton kick on this season after they lose today and get into the CL league, Id like to see them do well and get a bit of investment behind them.