Like most journalists English produces work I disagree with but on the whole I've always felt he's one of the better writers around just now.

He's easily one of the best mainstream football writers in Scotland, but other than the occasional good article, I think he's really let himself down over the past 18 months. As soon as Whyte put us into administration English really started showing his true colours.

Like most journalists English produces work I disagree with but on the whole I've always felt he's one of the better writers around just now.

I find very little to disagree with in this article, he's bang on the money about who the real enemies of Rangers are. The BBC or the Daily Record aren't going to bankrupt or rob us.

There's different kinds of enemies, doesn't mean they aren't real enemies.

He's easily one of the best mainstream football writers in Scotland, but other than the occasional good article, I think he's really let himself down over the past 18 months. As soon as Whyte put us into administration English really started showing his true colours.

Many, many people let themselves down when we went into administration, English included. With the perspective of time I now think most of the sports journalists had simply never really considered the possibility seriously before it happened (who had?) and their reaction and the narrative many followed was flawed and reactionary, being led by people who really don't like the club such as Celtic supporting websites and bloggers.

Considering the interest in football and the reliance so much of the media has on it in Scotland it is surprising the quality of writer isn't higher. English is a decent writer, better than most, but he's wide of the mark on some topics I agree.

English isn't interested in the truth about Rangers, he's only interested in bashing Rangers with any weapon he can use. The truth or their version of the truth, along with lies and propaganda are merely instruments of torture for English and the anti-Rangers mhedia.

I don't think English has an anti-Rangers agenda; as many agree he is one of the most intelligent and erudite of the bunch.

All he has done in this article is asked us to face a few home truths about McCoist, Mathers and Stockbridge.

It is blatantly obvious that there is a lack of even the most basic financial control at Ibrox and it is equally obvious that that has to stop.

OK we're a top club and we want to be professional, absolutely right. But it is only 2 hours in a bus from Ibrox to Stair Park, Stranraer, door to door; so why did we need to stay overnight at Turnberry Lodges? The question isn't: was that cheaper than a hotel in Stranraer, the question is why did they need to stay overnight at all?

They could have left Ibrox at 9.00am or even 10.00am, got down there well in time for lunch; had a good stretch and been at Stair park comfortably in time for the match.

That kind of thing is justified if you've got an early kick off at Elgin or Peterhead, for example; but not for an 83 mile journey with a 3.00pm Saturday kick-off.

I agree with Zappa about Gallagher (excellent game on Saturday BTW); send him out on loan with an appropriate clause in the contract and stick Smith on the bench; there is no justification whatsoever to pay a 34 year old to do the same.

And what about Steven Smith; what is that all about? He's not going to challenge Wallace for a game at LB, so he might get a few games in LMF, if and when we need to play defensively (against who exactly this season, Stenhousemuir away?). Ok possibly, once or twice in the Scottish Cup; but do we need to pay him whatever he's getting for that and at the same time probably keep one of the youngsters out of the team, I don't think so.

I actually think English is a bit weak and is usually rail-roaded into saying stuff he doesn't necessarily believe.

He lacks consistency on many issues so find his stuff lacks credibility on occasion. Which is a shame as he's a good writer.