Mccoll in the record. "So I cant sit down with mather and do a deal that will satisfy a few individuaks. There is no mandate for compromise and there will be no compromise"

Is that from an article in tomorrow's Record, aye?

75% of the Club's Statement was unnecessary. Much of McColl's too.

Had these people (ALL INCLUSIVE) ANY sense of how Rangers should be run, they would have convened privately, made their demands/proposals and set an (earlier) date for the AGM.

This becomes a kindergarden the longer it goes on and and no party clads itself in any sort of "glory" here.

I see McColl is so in touch with the feelings of the support at large that he runs straight to the one newspaper that just about all Rangers fans who care about these things would avoid.

He wants the punters to back him, but makes such an avoidable own goal like that. It wouldn't surprise me to see him do his next interview with McLaughlin from BBC Scotland or Speirs.

Whoever he is getting his media advice from is doing their job very badly indeed. For credibility, he should have went to Wilson at the Herald, or the one or two others that can be trusted (cant think of any off the top of my head though!)

As for the actual business at hand, the money savings are of course just a stalling tactic. But for those to compare this to the bonuses paid out for winning Div 3 is hardly relevant. As corrupt and wrong as that was, it is hardly comparable to this, and also just because they have bled cash for the last 9 months doesn't mean they should continue to throw cash down the swanee at every opportunity.

Dont get me wrong, I would want a clear out of Stockbridge and any others of the Green camp that so royally fucked up the care of the IPO money (25% spent on the costs of the IPO compared to an average of 10% for similar floats is just the first of many wrongs with how that investment was handled) and would welcome Blin to the board, and would be delighted with someone of his pedigree as Chairman. But Paul Murray is not welcome, his dirty campaign during administration and doing all his business through the press turned me right off him and he doesnt deserve a place on the board IMO. I also have a problem with McColl having plenty to say but not putting his money where his mouth is. Much like Paul Murray in fact. People who have worked for him at Weirs dont have anything good to say about him and his style of business either, which all adds up to a position where I dont really trust him to be leading this. I am somewhat satisfied that he has too many other business interests to get involed anyway, and this is all about "corporate governance".

I see McColl is so in touch with the feelings of the support at large that he runs straight to the one newspaper that just about all Rangers fans who care about these things would avoid.

He wants the punters to back him, but makes such an avoidable own goal like that. It wouldn't surprise me to see him do his next interview with McLaughlin from BBC Scotland or Speirs.

Whoever he is getting his media advice from is doing their job very badly indeed. For credibility, he should have went to Wilson at the Herald, or the one or two others that can be trusted (cant think of any off the top of my head though!)

Malcolm Murray, Walter and now McColl & co have been using Jackson at the Record as a means to an end and to me it makes sense.

Not sure what the numbers are this year, but 2 years ago The Record was selling over 300,000 copies a day, while The Herald was selling well under 50,000 a day.

While the likes of Wilson is a good journo, the circulation numbers mean that using the Herald as opposed to the Record or Sun when you're trying to get a message out to the masses just doesn't make any sense.

They are all using the Record, BBC and Clyde.

What is the alternative?

The Herald and Richard Wilson is probably a start. Obviously, they need to make their feelings known to the broad Rangers public and I for one do imagine that thousands of Bears do not (yet) use the internet as a prime source of information.

Of course, if done diligently, McColl and Co. could rear something like the Herald into his or a prime Rangers paper of the future, which would sure be welcome by both the supporters and the publishers. All the while claiming or looking for impartial reporting by the selected newspaper still. I would assume that the battle for power will cease this year and the usual suspects are back to reporting on football first. If there's anything other of note to be reported, use the Herald.

And whoosh, Paul Murray needs to open his chatterbox too ...

RANGERS coup leader Paul Murray last night demanded the club’s bosses quit now — and vowed no compromise to end the Ibrox civil war.

The former director, 49 said the group headed by him and magnate Jim McColl would snub the current regime’s olive branch.

And he slammed chief exec Craig Mather, finance boss Brian Stockbridge and director Bryan Smart, demanding they should be replaced by him and accountant Frank Blin. Murray said: “If they had any dignity, they would just step down.”

The Scottish Sun understands the battle could end if Murray gives up on a Gers return, with Mather offering Blin plus one other — NOT Murray — a board seat. But Murray said: “The reason these guys don’t want me on the board is the very reason I should be. I won’t stop until I get to the truth of what’s gone on.”

Last night the club said: “Only individuals capable of strengthening the board and club should be taken on.”

Scottish Sun

Maybe he should have noted that McCoist told a certain Sun reporter to go? Ach well, toys, pram, kindergarden ... I'll check whether I set my supersubs for my Fantasy League teams now.