The Daily Rhebel has been a constant source of bad-mouthing our club for many years now. Absolutely nobody at Rangers should have anything to do with them. Keith Jackson may be the one journalist with Rangers leanings at that paper, but he does not influence the general sway of anti-Rangers stuff that gets put out there.

It goes totally against the general feelings of most Bears for exclusive interviews to be given to this outlet. I dont believe it is a good sign of how the McColl group look at us as fans if this is their paper of choice for releasing their propaganda. It shows they are out ot touch on this issue with the average Bear.

If Paul Murray wasn't involved in the McColl group I would be 100% behind them BTW, but that is now 2 mistakes in my book that McColl has made. One in backing a failed former Director whose dirty tricks campaign during the first half of 2012 was disgusting and totally not Rangers class, and two in going to the one newspaper that Rangers fans cannot trust for impartial news about our club. 2 major mistakes nad he is not even anywhere near power yet. Doesnt bode well for any future where his group will have control.

according to the Audit Bureau of Circulation, both the Record & the Sun are the only publications with daily circulations over 200,000, with the sun selling 40,000 more per day than the Record.

Both papers are still selling more than double their nearest competitor (The Daily Mail)

Average taken July last year, to last month

The Scottish Sun – 12.3 cent drop = 297,123 to 260,528

Daily Record – 9.4 per drop = 247,041 to 223,762

Scottish Daily Mail – 7.6 per cent drop = 103,927 to 96,038

Scottish Daily Express – five per cent drop = 57,681 to 54,769

Daily Star of Scotland – 16.3 per cent drop = 59,545 to 49,792

Daily Mirror – 6.8 per cent drop = 21,246 to 19,803

Daily Telegraph – 3.6 per cent drop = 19,747 to 19,032

The Times – 0.6 per cent up = 18,829 to 18,938

i – 10.1 per cent up = 17,039 to 18,765

The Guardian – 9.6 per cent drop = 11,418 to 10,323

Independent – 16.4 per cent drop = 3,595 to 3,005

Financial Times – 10.4 per cent drop = 2,761 to 2,475

Source: http://www.allmediascotland.com/press/52790/sales-in-scotland-figures-as-ever-slipping-downwards-for-dailies-and-sundays/

It goes totally against the general feelings of most Bears for exclusive interviews to be given to this outlet. I dont believe it is a good sign of how the McColl group look at us as fans if this is their paper of choice for releasing their propaganda. It shows they are out ot touch on this issue with the average Bear.

As much as I'd like that to be true the facts don't back it up. Bears buy the Record just as they always have done. It's us of the online community who are out of touch with the everyday fan, I think.

I also think that those of us who are getting het up about the Record or Paul Murray are to a degree looking to be annoyed. Someone earlier on again accused McColl of shouting his mouth off, when the reverse is more accurate; having come to a compromise with the board, and then seeing that board's feeble attempt at shit stirring, he was obliged to respond. Failure to do so would have people worried about lack of transparency.

according to the Audit Bureau of Circulation, both the Record & the Sun are the only publications with daily circulations over 200,000, with the sun selling 40,000 more per day than the Record.

Both papers are still selling more than double their nearest competitor (The Daily Mail)

Average taken July last year, to last month

The Scottish Sun – 12.3 cent drop = 297,123 to 260,528

Daily Record – 9.4 per drop = 247,041 to 223,762

That's just the Scottish circulation too! IIRC the figures from 2 years back stated that you could add somewhere between 40,000 & 50,000 copies to the Record's average figure for circulation outwith Scotland, which at the time took it up over the 300k mark. Obviously it's dropped a bit in the past two years though.

most rangers fans still read the record happily.

The guys I go to Ibrox with get all of their information from the Record, Clyde and BBC and they are staunch. They know nothing of the majority of things that are discussed on here and are probably mentally more stable as a result :D

If anyone wants to get a message out to Rangers fans then you will find the majority reading the Record, or listening to Clyde or watching the BBC, whether we like it or not.