Friendly earlier today: Rangers 1 - 3 Hibs

Still don't understand why Super wants to sign Simonsen..... can someone please explain to me why we need an experienced back up goalie in div 2??? Gallacher has only conceded 1 goal in what 4 games (which was a total screamer)...surely that suggests he is more than capable as a backup option. It does my bloody head in this sledgehammer to crack an egg approach.

Total waste of money.

Gallagher can go on loan or take week about with the other Kelly as back up.

Would keep Foster, as he's actually the only genuine RB we have, actually he played decently well at LB too in the past, another reason to let Smith go, or not have signed him at all.

At the level we're at (3rd tier) I think the 1st choice RB spot should have went to Mitchell or McAusland with the other providing backup.

Fair shout, I agree with you but whatever the reason, Ally did target RB as one of his priorities.

IIRC, Ally tried to buy Foster from Aberdeen two summers ago after we had him on loan for the 2010/11 season, but they wanted too much money. So, it's no real surprise that Ally went back in for him, but I just think it's excessive for the level we're playing at just now.

Some perspective on our current side is required here. We'll not be trouncing Hibs for a while, our side is a mix of free transfer SPL players, young boys and players no one else wants. That current Rangers side is probably top half of the SPL at best just now at full strength. Whatever our current feelings towards Naismith, McGregor, Whittaker, Davis, Lafferty, Aluko, Bocanegra, Goian, Edu and even Broadfoot they are all better players than we have just now.

Both ICT and Dundee Utd gubbed us last season, we're better this season but I'd not expect to beat either of those two anytime soon either.

I don't think that we are in the position that we can play less than half our best 11 against an SPL side and expect to win. It's harsh to call it a poor result.

Did you see our line up? That was a very very strong team. Any SPL club outwith Celtic would be lucky to field such a team.