Spivs, respect and necessary change in the online Rangers community.

Zappa

I have to say that read was more than satisfying - I actually found it inspiring.

I was particularly disappointed by Mark Dingwall's negative comments in response to my original. But your post demonstrates that within the Rangers support there are people who have had more than enough of all this nonsense.

Perhaps there will come a time when those who wish to engage in pettiness who cant let go of the past will eventually get what their actions deserve - they will be left in the past whilst others with a fresh and forward looking vision take both our club and support forward.

The optimistic replies to Zappa's post rely on there being a large body of online fans who are actually decent and sane, who outweigh the nutters. That hasn't been my experience, either of Rangers boards or from what I've seen on the other club's messageboards, which seem to be little more than 'Ah hate Ranjurs, so ah dae' ad nauseum.

It might be that the majority of online fans - not just ours - are twats.

Edited by andy steel

i've decided to be nice about all rangers fans in order to play my part.

i can't promise to be nice about the spivs but they aren't rangers fans.

I too have decided to be nice about all Rangers fans in order to play my part.

I can't promise to be nice about republican Jim as he's a Partick Thistle fan.

This is where this problem starts and then gets escalated.

Having read both articles by D'Artagnan and Zappa, both have hit the nail squarely on the head, the world we live in today (not just on Rangers online forums) is full of the keyboard warrior, faceless and anonomous that troll and generally cause havoc amongst communities.

The division between online Fans forums is astounding at times and just for once I would dearly love to see unity from the Rangers family, all going forward in one direction. I am backing the SOS and will attend the meeting tomorrow night, yes the terminology with regards to Spivs etc may need to be worked upon, but their main objectives and goals is something that I believe every Rangers supporter want.

Having read both articles by D'Artagnan and Zappa, both have hit the nail squarely on the head, the world we live in today (not just on Rangers online forums) is full of the keyboard warrior, faceless and anonomous that troll and generally cause havoc amongst communities.

The division between online Fans forums is astounding at times and just for once I would dearly love to see unity from the Rangers family, all going forward in one direction. I am backing the SOS and will attend the meeting tomorrow night, yes the terminology with regards to Spivs etc may need to be worked upon, but their main objectives and goals is something that I believe every Rangers supporter want.

The march to Hampden proved the fans can unite!

Still dunno what a spiv is our where the name came from.

spiv

A flashy, slick operator who makes a living more from speculation or profiteering than from actual work. The kind of guy who wears a shiny medallion, goes bankrupt from a dodgy swampland development scheme, but still has a big house in his wife's name.