"I can confirm our talks with Mr King were extremely positive and Mr King made it clear he wishes to join the current Board to help us ensure Rangers are ready and fully equipped to move up to the next levels.

"We would be delighted to have Mr King, with his knowledge of the Club and business acumen on board and as can be seen from his own statement he is happy to join us right now in the quest to take Rangers back to the very top.

"I am well aware this will not sit comfortably with those who have sought to derail our progress and who have fed out lies and misinformation about the Club and its Directors but I am confident we will overcome every obstacle in our way.

"Rangers will be back at the top sooner rather than later and Mr King, who has made it abundantly clear that he is willing and happy to work with the current directors of both the plc and ltd - myself, Brian Stockbridge, Bryan Smart and James and Sandy Easdale - would be a great asset.

"We have stuck to our task and programmes because we believe we are on the correct course and I would urge every Rangers fan not to give credence to the many lies and rumours that are circulated by people with other agendas and who perhaps cannot admit we are getting it right.

"Too many are trying to distort the truth but it is this: Rangers is not a business in distress. Rangers is in a good position and it is healthy and robust.

"I cannot stress that forcibly enough but it is the reality of the situation. Mr King has made it clear he took time and his discussions with us were intensive and detailed and he is happy with what he has discovered about

http://t.co/oW9XvGV6Li

Instead of going against King by continuing the disunity, it's a shame Mather couldn't find the space to confirm King's point about giving shareholders the right to decide the make-up of the board.