A few papers reporting he's flying in....

he is what we need most right now a rangers man with money and it looks like he will invest put out the blinkin red carpet that's what I would do

he is what we need most right now a rangers man with money and it looks like he will invest put out the blinkin red carpet that's what I would do

Let's see who he sits beside on Saturday.

My money is on Andy Cameron. Is that a welcome or a stay-away? :whistle:

If you look what passes as politicians these days, you sure cut King some slack. I for one do not attempt any judgements on his status as a person, if the SFA et al decide he's okay, so be it. Not that we could change anything.

I would assume that he will not be dragged about like our previous owners, boardmembers, CEOs et al. Matter of fact, even only a statement of intent, he should sign Donald Findlay QC up as legal advisor :D

DAVE KING is expected to jet into Scotland within the next 48 hours for crucial Rangers talks — ahead of a club AGM now pencilled in for the third week in DECEMBER.

SunSport can reveal the South Africa-based Scot has made plans to return home for a series of vital meetings with Ibrox power brokers.

It’s understood multi-millionaire King could even travel to East Fife on Saturday to watch Ally McCoist’s side in action.

King originally arranged his trip when Rangers scheduled their AGM for tomorrow. That’s been postponed but he’s opted to use the time for face-to-face talks with key players.

Logistics The AGM is now pencilled in for eight weeks time — much later than supporters anticipated.

Shareholders will quiz directors Brian Stockbridge and James Easdale.

It was expected to happen some time in November but the logistics involved in staging the event from the main stand have pushed the date back.

Home games next month make it almost impossible to organise any sooner.

It was expected to happen some time in November but the logistics involved in staging the event from the main stand have pushed the date back.

Obviously getting a date where ALL DIRECTORS are free to attend is tricky. Rumour has it that of the 2 initially planned dates, James Easdale is washing his hair on the 1st date, and Brian Stockbridge has a dental appointment on the 2nd. ;)

Zappa, I am happy to concede that South Africa is a highly corrupt society.

I am sorry but I don't have time right now to read all the references you have kindly supplied; but are you saying that the officials who charged Mr King and/or the High Court that convicted him on his own admission are themselves corrupt? If you have this evidence I would certainly be interested to read it.

are you saying that the officials who charged Mr King and/or the High Court that convicted him on his own admission are themselves corrupt? If you have this evidence I would certainly be interested to read it.

I've written no such thing or even remotely implied any such thing, so it's a bit disingenuous of you to give me that reply. I suggest you take a deeper look into the full background of King's various battles with SARS because there's plenty of relevant information over and above the recent final settlement charges.