Struggle in the top 6? We would be lucky to make the top 6 right now.

That may or may not be the case, but I'm struggling to see how you could come to that conclusion.

If we were struggling in this league the it would be logical that we would struggle more in a harder league. But when you're winning every game at an average of 4.2 goals to 0.5 then although you have no real evidence to say you'll do better in a higher league, you've certainly none to say that the team would struggle.

The logic would actually suggest we are capable of competing in a much higher league than we're in and seeing as there is only one team that have more resources than us, so suggesting we'd be not too bad when two leagues up is hardly stretching the bounds of plausibility.

But then people like to believe things to suit their own agenda, strange as they may be.

I'm not sure if its wasted years but I certainly thought that we would have a proper scouting system in place by the time we return to the top flight. For me the chief scout has to be the second most important person in the club apart from the manager. I would rather we spend big and get our scouting system across Planet Football done properly than pissing away thousands per week on average players who will be replaced when we get back up the divisions.

That may or may not be the case, but I'm struggling to see how you could come to that conclusion.

If we were struggling in this league the it would be logical that we would struggle more in a harder league. But when you're winning every game at an average of 4.2 goals to 0.5 then although you have no real evidence to say you'll do better in a higher league, you've certainly none to say that the team would struggle.

The logic would actually suggest we are capable of competing in a much higher league than we're in and seeing as there is only one team that have more resources than us, so suggesting we'd be not too bad when two leagues up is hardly stretching the bounds of plausibility.

But then people like to believe things to suit their own agenda, strange as they may be.

We had more resources than them all last year and we still got pumped out of 3 cups by 3 different clubs all with smaller budgets than us. This year again, pumped within a few weeks of the seasons start by a club with an even smaller budget again. We are lucky it is Airdrie this Friday and not an Aberdeen or Dundee Utd again! Forgive me for not getting carried away by beating the dross within our current league, it's only costing us the best part of £10m a year to do it!

Edited by Super Cooper

So you're saying the conditions surrounding the club and the strength of the squad are the same as last season? You haven't noticed any change at all?

Last season we did not have a proper squad or preparations. You know Queens Park could sign Ronaldo, pay him £15m a year, therefore have three times the wage outlay as us - but would that make them a much better team than us? Would they be certain of beating all Premier teams with just that one extra player? It doesn't work that way. What if he got injured? It wouldn't change the resources they were spending... What if he just played crap because he was demotivated with the team he was playing with? The amount you spend does is not always reflected in your results - none more so that cup games. Using your very own argument, Barcelona are an example NOT to follow, they couldn't even beat Celtic, a team with a fraction of their resources.

The problem was we played half a team of rookies last season, and that affects consistency - or how come we beat the second in the SPL?

Ironically, you arguing that we should play kids like last season but in the same breath you're saying that was a year wasted.

The thing is, the money is spent and we are winning the league we are in. Why are people moaning? I really don't get it. I would understand more if last season was lauded for the playing of so many young players, but it's treated like a disaster year that was excruciating.

You seem very confused. You don't really know what you want, but you want it last year...

So you're saying the conditions surrounding the club and the strength of the squad are the same as last season? You haven't noticed any change at all?

Last season we did not have a proper squad or preparations. You know Queens Park could sign Ronaldo, pay him £15m a year, therefore have three times the wage outlay as us - but would that make them a much better team than us? Would they be certain of beating all Premier teams with just that one extra player? It doesn't work that way. What if he got injured? It wouldn't change the resources they were spending... What if he just played crap because he was demotivated with the team he was playing with? The amount you spend does is not always reflected in your results - none more so that cup games. Using your very own argument, Barcelona are an example NOT to follow, they couldn't even beat Celtic, a team with a fraction of their resources.

The problem was we played half a team of rookies last season, and that affects consistency - or how come we beat the second in the SPL?

Ironically, you arguing that we should play kids like last season but in the same breath you're saying that was a year wasted.

The thing is, the money is spent and we are winning the league we are in. Why are people moaning? I really don't get it. I would understand more if last season was lauded for the playing of so many young players, but it's treated like a disaster year that was excruciating.

You seem very confused. You don't really know what you want, but you want it last year...

As a matter of interest - how would you describe the system or formation that Rangers play at the moment? Every team has a preferred system - what's ours in your view? Are we really saying, as was suggested earlier, that it changes game on game? That is bloody scary if we are.

As a matter of interest - how would you describe the system or formation that Rangers play at the moment? Every team has a preferred system - what's ours in your view? Are we really saying, as was suggested earlier, that it changes game on game? That is bloody scary if we are.

I am glad you replied to that one because it didn't relate to anything i posted directly above.

Remember the kind of football we played under the last guy that had a philosophy - LeGuen?

I don't think your point is to knock PLG but I wouldn't be holding him up as an example of anything other than piss poor management (remember man management is an enormous part of the role and his was honking).

The idea that we would struggle for top 6 in the SPFL is farcical.

Most our players have either played in the SPFL for a top 6 team and acquitted themselves well, or shown themselves to be better still than that standard.

Bell would start for most teams in Scotland.

Wallace is probably the best left back in Scotland.

Mohnsi hasn't played in the top flight here but has played Championship or league 1 down South and everyone routinely states how these leagues are far stronger than our own. He was courted bu the likes of WHam and QPR (I think) and would most likely start for most teams in Scotland.

Jig would start for most SPFL teams.

Our right back options aren't great but Foster has captained Aberdeen who sit top 6 and I dont think most teams in that league would knock him back.

Law and Black were in the top few performers for "big" SPL teams.

McLeod is a star though maybe not a left mid.

Right mid like right back we're not exceptionally strong but again most other clubs in that division would likely take our options.

Daly was a key man for DUtd in the top league.

Little was banging in goals in the SPL when we were still there.

Guys like Templeton and Shiels on the bench were also star performers in that league.

We probably still have the strongest squad outwith them.

Its a joke to say we would struggle to be top 6.