Guest Night Owl

Their goalie totally sold that game.

90 minutes of long ball with two individual long range efforts ( usually the sign of a team out of ideas ) could have easily been 4 -0 but that doesn't excuse the sheer lack of inspiration.

The fans get man of the match tonight as they deserve it for turning up to watch that.

Stenhousemuir played well, limited our chances and with our luck looking a bit iffy with us hitting the bar several times, Daly missing that sitter and the denied penalty claim there could easily have been an upset, so that will do me nicely. An underwhelming, but deserved victory.

Stenhousemuir played well, limited our chances and with our luck looking a bit iffy with us hitting the bar several times, Daly missing that sitter and the denied penalty claim there could easily have been an upset, so that will do me nicely. An underwhelming, but deserved victory.

Be careful mate with all that positivity:razz:

Not very impressed by Templeton as yet. 30 minutes and nothing of note, no wonder he can't get a game.

I agree that players like Templeton who are rumoured to be unhappy need to do the business when they get a chance but that was not the game for anyone to look good.

First half Peralta was atrocious. Mohsni was the worst i've seen him - simple passes into touch, hashed clearances, rash challenges (almost kicked a guy in the nuts). Clark and Daly were anonymous but mostly due to no service. Black and Law looked the least assured i'd seen them.

Thats just off the top of my head. I dont mean to single anyone out but they were the standout issues to me. Foster was typically poor too. I could do this to every player on the park tonight. So for Templeton to come and get 25 or 30 minutes or whatever it was, well it was unlikely he'd be able to do much by himself. Unfortunately for him it just means he'll continue to be benched as he didn't give the manager a decision to make by having a more influential performance.

Typical of our spell in the lower divisions. Crap game, played awful. Could have scored 6. Normally i'm one to take the positives but I struggled with that tonight. We hit the bar 3 times, Daly missed a sitter, stone well pen turned down, Law had one off the line and then we had 3 or 4 crosses flash across their goal that just never quite fell to a blue shirt. On another day we would have scored 6.

The weekend was symptomatic of the realities of Scottish football for us as well. First half at the weekend wasn't too dissimilar to today in that it was fairly dull, uninspired 0-0 but we were never likely to do anything other than win. Start of the 2nd half they score an own goal, a few minutes later Daly scores a header and in the blink of an eye its game over. Yet really the football was no better or exciting than the first half.

Still I do just love to see my team winning. Maybe looking forward to getting a top league team in the cup to give us a bit of excitement back to the games though. The pressure of thinking we might lose, that the opposition provide a challenge and that we hate all those cunts and desperately want to be victorious.