I'm another who'd like to see Peralta at right back. From what I've seen of him so far he seems more suited to the gritty stuff than making the play. That would enable us to play one of Temps, McKay or Aird more often on the wing.

Looking forward to tonight's game.

PS: It's live on BBC Alba as well. :cool:

This is Peralta at right back.

No thanks. :D

There is nothing stopping us playing a winger(s) out wide, just drop one or two of the three central midfielders we play out wide. Players being dropped is part and parcel of the game. Ally just seems desperate to play certain players and it doesn't really matter where they play. We have a huge squad yet i don't see any competition for places. The players know who will play and who will be warming the bench or sitting in a suit again.

I am also looking forward to it, hopefully be a good game and should be another big win for us.

Just read the comments of that Scotsman Article, just proves they're aff their heid. Imagine reading a whole Article about celtc at this time of the morning.

As for the game tonight, seeing Jig at the back, Peralta on the right and McLeod on the left with Templeton on the Bench does ma heid in. [sorry about the heids]

Yep, we are supposed to be raging with impotent fury, aghast at the humiliation of being forced to play Challenge Cup semi finals. Well, that's where we are and I for one intend to open a can or two and cheer on my team while being blissfully ignorant of whatever the commentator is saying on BBC Alba.

I don't miss Timothy one bit. Shame he doesn't feel the same way.

Btw that Scotsman piece is one of the worst written pieces of professional work I've ever seen. No standards anywhere anymore! Disgrace!!

This is Peralta at right back.

No thanks. :D

There is nothing stopping us playing a winger(s) out wide, just drop one or two of the three central midfielders we play out wide. Players being dropped is part and parcel of the game. Ally just seems desperate to play certain players and it doesn't really matter where they play. We have a huge squad yet i don't see any competition for places. The players know who will play and who will be warming the bench or sitting in a suit again.

I am also looking forward to it, hopefully be a good game and should be another big win for us.

Didn't watch all the video but it seemed to show a few mistakes and a few good tackles. I'm sure we could do that for any player to make them look good or bad - Youtube scouting certainly seems the in-thing nowadays.

I'd rather base my opinion on seeing the guy in the flesh and I'd like to see him at right back going on what he's done further forward so far.

I generally agree with the rest of your post and I'd like to see one of the above wingers play more often. Difficult to change a winning team though and I'm sure the guys on the bench understand that.

Didn't watch all the video but it seemed to show a few mistakes and a few good tackles. I'm sure we could do that for any player to make them look good or bad - Youtube scouting certainly seems the in-thing nowadays.

I'd rather base my opinion on seeing the guy in the flesh and I'd like to see him at right back going on what he's done further forward so far.

I generally agree with the rest of your post and I'd like to see one of the above wingers play more often. Difficult to change a winning team though and I'm sure the guys on the bench understand that.

Oh so would i, absolutely and so far he has been appalling. Then there is his diving around.

At this level i think it's easier to change a winning team because it doesn't really matter what permutation we go with we will win, 9.5 times out of 10, or 10 out of 10 times in the league! What we need at this level is a balance and fluidity throughout the team which we have not yet found.

I think appalling is pretty harsh. Sure he's not set the heather alight but I think he's been reasonable enough in patches and will hopefully improve as he settles into the team.

As I said earlier, perhaps the problem is fans are expecting him to affect games more as a winger/playmaker than the more defensive player he seems to be. In that sense, I think he's been strong in the tackle, has worked hard and tries his best to get into the box. For that reason I woudn't mind seeing him at right back as I think that would take the pressure off him a bit and we'd see more of his strengths than weaknesses.

I think appalling is pretty harsh. Sure he's not set the heather alight but I think he's been reasonable enough in patches and will hopefully improve as he settles into the team.

As I said earlier, perhaps the problem is fans are expecting him to affect games more as a winger/playmaker than the more defensive player he seems to be. In that sense, I think he's been strong in the tackle, has worked hard and tries his best to get into the box. For that reason I woudn't mind seeing him at right back as I think that would take the pressure off him a bit and we'd see more of his strengths than weaknesses.

I think he has been dreadful Frankie. That is my opinion and granted he has been out of position but he has shown me nothing to suggest he will be of any use as we rise up the leagues. I thought it a strange signing at the time and i stand by that. We could have signed much better from within the Scottish game and who knows the demands of not just Rangers but the lower leagues.

I don't know where this strong in the tackle thing comes from, he has been diving around like a fairy.

Coisty plans Ally shuffle for Stenny cup clash

ALLY McCOIST has hailed the attitude of his Rangers fringe stars as he contemplates shuffling his pack for the Light Blues' clash with Stenhousemuir tonight.

The Ibrox boss has arguably the second strongest squad of players in Scotland at his disposal this term and has stuck by the tried and trusted Gers as they have romped into a commanding position in League One.

It has meant little match action for the likes of David Templeton, Emilson Cribari and Sebastien Faure so far but McCoist is delighted with their commitment to the cause.

He said: "I have had a couple of conversations with these guys individually and collectively as part of the group.

"I remember a manager once saying that you are effectively only as good as the squad of players who are not playing. By that he meant they are an integral part of the success story.

"You can't play all of them, but there has to be an appreciation of a team winning games and me showing faith in the lads. We've been doing that and the boys aren't daft.

"They can see that in the league the results have been great and that makes it hard to get in unless there is an injury or suspension.

"In the cases of Templeton, Mackay and Aird, the team we have right now is set up with a narrow midfield. Templeton can play off the front man, but he's still more of a wide man.

"They are not playing down to the shape of the team we have right now. The two wider ones of a four are more central.

"That will change at some point, but the attitude and training levels of everyone has been fantastic.

"The likes of Cribari, Hutton, Aird, Faure have had a fantastic attitude to train and that has to continue."

After notching their 10th successive League One success with a 4-0 win over East Fife on Saturday, Rangers face Stenhousemuir this evening aiming to book their place in the Ramsdens Cup Final against Raith Rovers.

And McCoist is determined to avoid an upset and take his side one step closer to their second piece of silverware on their journey back to the top of Scottish football.

He said: "We want to win it, absolutely want to win it. The priority at the club has always been the championship, and that will always remain the case, but we've started very well in the championship in terms of points and performances so we're happy with that.

"The Ramsdens Cup gives the players the opportunity to get their first cup final, for the vast majority of them, so that's something not to be scoffed at.

"We genuinely want to get to the final, and it will be an opportunity to give the supporters a wee thank you and a great day out, if we can get there, and they deserve that more than anybody."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/rangers/coisty-plans-ally-shuffle-for-stenny-cup-clash-140793n.22542876