Apologies for the non-RFC thread but I hope you can take the time to read the information below and spend a minute or two casting your vote for the charity which a friend of mine created.

Dear bears,

Tragedy is only a heartbeat away...

In November 2006 Royal Marine Craig Hodgkinson died playing rugby for the Royal Navy in Plymouth – on the eve of his 27th birthday; one of 8 young people who die each week in the UK from an undetected cardiac defect.

His parents, Commodore Jim Patrick, RN, and my friend created The Craig Hodgkinson Trust to honour his memory, and to provide cardiac defibrillator equipment to sports teams, clubs and communities. Our aim is to protect young people when they gather to enjoy sport. by ensuring that potential life-saving equipment is on hand.

To date we have awarded 92 machines throughout the UK – from the National Sailing Academy in Weymouth to Orkney and we are aiming for 100 by the end of this year. We have been short-listed for a £3000 donation from the Bank of Scotland; the winner will be the project receiving most votes. Please vote by Friday 1st November and visit:

http://www.bankofscotland.co.uk/communityfund and type ‘The Craig Hodgkinson Trust’ into the search box:

You can vote for The Craig Hodgkinson Trust by SMS too. Just text VOTE KPLD to 82332. Votes by SMS will be charged at your mobile network operator’s standard message rate.

The prize will enables us to award 4 machines; I hope you can find time to vote.

Thank you.