Ramsdens Cup Final to be held at Easter Road

Im all for neutral grounds but the decision made already to play the Scottish Cup final at Celtic Park stinks at this stage. Whats wrong with waiting to see who is in the final first. If Celtic v Someone else then play it at Ibrox, if its Rangers v someone else then play it at Parkhead. If its an OF final then toss a coin like they did in the 90s when Hampden was being redeveloped.

As for the Ramsdens I think Easter Road is a good choice albeit with a 20000 limit. The atmosphere will be good.

Even the semi's at Ibrox is a silly choice at this stage. It may be good for us financially and gives us an advantage if we reach the semi's but Im still all for neutral grounds in semi's and finals. They should have had one semi at Ibrox and one at parkhead then waited to see who is in each game.

Celtic Park has been named by the Scottish Football Association as the venue for this year's Scottish Cup final on Saturday 17 May.

Ibrox Stadium will stage both of this season's semi-final matches.

“With Hampden Park due to undergo redevelopment work, it is natural that we would seek to utilise both Celtic Park and Ibrox Stadium as venues”

Campbell Ogilvie

SFA president

Hampden Park is unavailable due to redevelopment work taking place to lay track for the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.

Celtic's ground is the largest football stadium in Scotland with a 60,355 capacity.

The semi-final matches will be played on the weekend of 12 and 13 April at Ibrox, which has a capacity of 51,082.

Celtic are the current holders of the Scottish Cup following their 3-0 victory over Hibernian at Hampden Park in May.

And the home of the current Scottish champions will remain as the Scottish Cup final venue irrespective of whether Neil Lennon's side reach the last stage of the tournament.

Should Lennon's men reach the final, it will be the first time since 1902 - when Hibernian beat Willie Maley's Celtic side 2-1 - that a club would contest a Scottish Cup final at their home ground.

The 1998 Scottish Cup final between Hearts and Rangers was held at Celtic Park due to refurbishment work to upgrade Hampden, with the Edinburgh side triumphing 2-1.

Ibrox Stadium Ibrox will host both Scottish Cup semi-finals

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell insisted the decision to host the final at his club's ground did not hand any advantage to the current holders.

"Not at all, it's a delight and a pleasure to have it here," Lawwell told BBC Scotland.

"When the SFA board looked around and looked for the most appropriate stadium, Celtic Park was the biggest. We believe it's the best in terms of the atmosphere.

"You know what the nights we have here in the Champions League are like, so we'd be looking forward to a fantastic final.

"Certainly, it would be our home stadium, but clearly the allocation of tickets would make it fairer than a home crowd.

"Hampden is out of commission and therefore they have a choice to make and it's going to move somewhere.

“When the SFA board looked around and looked for the most appropriate stadium, Celtic Park was the biggest”

Peter Lawwell

Celtic chief executive

"I think the decision was based on the size and the fact that we've been putting on these massive events, Champions League games, over the last few years and they have every confidence we will deliver a top class final and a top class event."

SFA president Campbell Ogilvie praised the wealth of choice available to the governing body in selecting a host venue.

"We are fortunate in Scotland to have three world-class football stadia," said Ogilvie.

"With Hampden Park due to undergo redevelopment work ahead of the 2014 Commonwealth Games, it is natural that we would seek to utilise both Celtic Park and Ibrox Stadium as venues for Scottish football's premier cup competition.

"We are delighted to stage both semi-finals at Ibrox and the final at Celtic Park and on behalf of the Scottish FA, I would like to thank both Celtic and Rangers, as well as the SPFL, for their support in hosting these matches."

Rangers finance director, Brian Stockbridge, said: "We are delighted Ibrox Stadium has been chosen to host the Scottish Cup semi-finals in April.

"The Scottish FA's decision to play these ties at the home of Scotland's most successful club underlines the fact that Ibrox remains one of European football's elite arenas.

"Of course we hope to travel far in this competition ourselves but no matter who plays at Ibrox they can be certain of the warmest of welcomes."

so they know the finalists for the Ramsdens Cup Final and they choose a ground with a capacity of 22k, they don't know the finalists for the Scottish Cup Final and choose the pigsty. Whatever way I look at it; financially, for the fans or for the occasion, I can't see Easter Road being the right decision.

I think somewhere like Easter road is fine - it neutral.

What I find rather amusing is....do they expect to fill Porkheid with who ever is in the final - Ceptic can't even fill their own ground on a good day. I also find it amusing that Liewell is comparing the Scottish cup final to the Champions league matches - nae difference at all!!!

As with the Ramsden's final....it should be played @ a completely neutral venue.

I think somewhere like Easter road is fine - it neutral.

What I find rather amusing is....do they expect to fill Porkheid with who ever is in the final - Ceptic can't even fill their own ground on a good day. I also find it amusing that Liewell is comparing the Scottish cup final to the Champions league matches - nae difference at all!!!

As with the Ramsden's final....it should be played @ a completely neutral venue.

Neutral? Well that rules Petrie out ........

This cup final should have been played at one of the competing clubs ground, Livingston or Falkirk stadium would have sufficed IMO.

Hibs will not be supplying their stadium for nothing and i for one will not be giving them a penny of my money.

I dont agree with the fact that Rangers could get an advantage if we reach the Scottish Cup semi-finals, and Celtic could get advantage if they reach finals. But what gets me most is that Turnbull Hutton was asked if he would consider Ibrox and he said no; which is fair enough - but there seems to be no potential refusal option in place if say Rangers gets to the semi stage or Celtic get to the final!

What if its a Celtic v Raith final for conversation sake - what happens then? No way will it be full capacity and lets face it - according to Lawell its the same as the Champions League so we surely cant have that shambolic match to be played in a half empty stadium??

Such a strange bunch we have at the SFA.....