Seriously guys who do you think is going to withhold their licence fee, a couple of thousand people at most? You think that's going to make the slightest difference? All you'll end up with is a fine and seriously diminished credit rating. There are 63 million people in the UK, even if you could convince every Rangers supporter not to pay it you'd still barely make a dent in it.

I love your naiveté with regards the quality of programme that would get produced if the BBC wasn't licence fee funded. You'll let me know when Sky and Radio Clyde start making accurate, impartial and properly researched documentaries now won't you. You seriously misunderstand how commercial TV and radio is funded and the type of programmes that are commissioned.

If you want to change the media's behaviour, if you want to influence them in anyway you need to engage with them, anything else is simply posturing.

Seriously guys who do you think is going to withhold their licence fee, a couple of thousand people at most? You think that's going to make the slightest difference? All you'll end up with is a fine and seriously diminished credit rating. There are 63 million people in the UK, even if you could convince every Rangers supporter not to pay it you'd still barely make a dent in it.

I love your naiveté with regards the quality of programme that would get produced if the BBC wasn't licence fee funded. You'll let me know when Sky and Radio Clyde start making accurate, impartial and properly researched documentaries now won't you. You seriously misunderstand how commercial TV and radio is funded and the type of programmes that are commissioned.

If you want to change the media's behaviour, if you want to influence them in anyway you need to engage with them, anything else is simply posturing.

You're missing the point. We have a choice whether we watch/listen to SKY or Radio Snyde (I choose not to) With the BBC we have no choice but to pay this outdated annual licence fee

You're missing the point. We have a choice whether we watch/listen to SKY or Radio Snyde (I choose not to) With the BBC we have no choice but to pay this outdated annual licence fee

To be clear Rab are you saying the entire BBC makes no programmes you enjoy, none? Desert Island Discs? From Our Own Correspondent? The Office? Match of the Day?Waybuloo?

Amms, are you seriously suggesting that BBC documentaries are accurate, impartial and properly researched? Seriously?

As for the quality of the TV Programmes they produce, can you point me in the direction of anything which was not a period costume drama that has been worth watching?

(I exclude the recent Peaky Blinders, which was quite excellent). If you want to see how commercial TV can produce the highest levels of quality, look at just about anything from HBO.

To be clear Rab are you saying the entire BBC makes no programmes you enjoy, none? Desert Island Discs? From Our Own Correspondent? The Office? Match of the Day?Waybuloo?

Thats fighting dirty AMMS - you know Waybuloos are my achilles heel.

Amms, are you seriously suggesting that BBC documentaries are accurate, impartial and properly researched? Seriously?

As for the quality of the TV Programmes they produce, can you point me in the direction of anything which was not a period costume drama that has been worth watching?

(I exclude the recent Peaky Blinders, which was quite excellent). If you want to see how commercial TV can produce the highest levels of quality, look at just about anything from HBO.

Of course they are RPB - "The Men Who Sold the Jerseys" won an award.

Made with evidence stolen from the tax case - stolen evidence received and retained by BBC Scotland.

Read what I wrote again RPB, what I was saying was you find those on commercial stations.

I don't know what you like RPB. I hear Dr Who is great although I've not seen it since Tom Baker was in it. I enjoyed both series of Luther and Episodes and I really enjoyed Coast, I never miss Gardener's World and my kids remain riveted to CeeBeebies and CBBC now too.

HBO has produced some superb television, if only we lived in America it would relevant...