I think the BBC does a fabulous job nationally, is only occasionally let down by the likes of Pacific Quay and these are usually due to failings of a management system installed, ironically, by Tory placeman John Birt.

If the Tories want to destroy what little remains of real and proper news coverage in the UK I won't have any part in helping them.

I think the BBC does a fabulous job nationally, is only occasionally let down by the likes of Pacific Quay and these are usually due to failings of a management system installed, ironically, by Tory placeman John Birt.

If the Tories want to destroy what little remains of real and proper news coverage in the UK I won't have any part in helping them.

If the Tories want to do that south of the border, BBC Scotland are helping them north of the border.

Some perspective is required on this. We're talking about a small part of the BBC, indeed we're talking about a small part of BBC Scotland, in essence a section of their news department and their sport department.

The truth is upsetting a set of football supporters by referring to them as a 'new club' and similar references isn't going to register particularly highly on issues facing the BBC. We'd do well to recognise this. The BBC is a global organisation working at the highest level of politics, industry and entertainment, they produce genre defining programmes, the set global standards in production and are as influential a broadcaster as exists. This is a small squabble in the provinces between football fans, it's not ever going to be a serious subject for those controlling the BBC.

The issue we have with BBC Scotland is indicative of an issue Rangers have with a section of Scottish society. We're misunderstood and marginalised in many ways but we are prone to bring this on our selves, in my opinion.

As unpalatable as it sounds the best thing we can do is start to re-engage with the BBC again. We require a charm offensive, we need to remind people that we're, for the most part, fairly normal functioning members of society with views and lives aligned with everyone else.

We're viewed as constantly angry, humourless, arrogant and entitled. We all know that's not reality, but we are prone to displaying those traits from time to time.

How we've become the 'bad guys' when Celtic are owned by a tax exile, run by the odious Peter Lawwell and managed by the most disliked player to ever ply his trade in Scotland is an astonishing turn of events.

It shouldn't be beyond us to redress it either.

Some perspective is required on this. We're talking about a small part of the BBC, indeed we're talking about a small part of BBC Scotland, in essence a section of their news department and their sport department.

The truth is upsetting a set of football supporters by referring to them as a 'new club' and similar references isn't going to register particularly highly on issues facing the BBC. We'd do well to recognise this. The BBC is a global organisation working at the highest level of politics, industry and entertainment, they produce genre defining programmes, the set global standards in production and are as influential a broadcaster as exists. This is a small squabble in the provinces between football fans, it's not ever going to be a serious subject for those controlling the BBC.

The issue we have with BBC Scotland is indicative of an issue Rangers have with a section of Scottish society. We're misunderstood and marginalised in many ways but we are prone to bring this on our selves, in my opinion.

As unpalatable as it sounds the best thing we can do is start to re-engage with the BBC again. We require a charm offensive, we need to remind people that we're, for the most part, fairly normal functioning members of society with views and lives aligned with everyone else.

We're viewed as constantly angry, humourless, arrogant and entitled. We all know that's not reality, but we are prone to displaying those traits from time to time.

How we've become the 'bad guys' when Celtic are owned by a tax exile, run by the odious Peter Lawwell and managed by the most disliked player to ever ply his trade in Scotland is an astonishing turn of events.

It shouldn't be beyond us to redress it either.

The 2 guys from VB & RM who successfully raised the action which the BBC Trust eventually ruled on, indicated otherwise to me AMMS. I quizzed them on the processes and format which they had to go through to bring their complaint to fruition.

As you are aware the BBC complaints system is a multi stage process which involves escalation of the complaint, should resolution not be found in the initial stages. This happened right the way through various management levels at BBC Scotland with the complaint being constantly escalated, as the BBC Scotland managers determining on the various stages continued to rule in favour of, for want of a better term - the defendants rather than the pursuers.

When the ruling eventually came through from the BBC Trust there was considerable resistance to it - even their business editor got in on the act via social media.

And it continues to this day with the likes of Spence - and the failed investigations into him as well as this latest incident.

The BBC is an outdated, biased, & largely unaccountable organisation which is funded by the population of this country whether they like it or not. As we have seen in this country over the past couple of years(us Rangers supporters that is) some its broadcasts have been inaccurate at best or downright biased to the point of telling blatant lies.

How do they get away with it ? very simple. Due the licence fee it can broadcast whatever it likes by whoever it likes regardless of the quality & accuracy of those broadcasts. The sooner the licence fee is scrapped and it has to go out into the real world for its revenue the better. That would mean our chums at pacific quay wouldn't be able to employ some of the anti-Rangers pondlife we've had to endure over the past few years but I'd be one of the first to raise a glass to that I can tell you.