So he's judging cup final ticket numbers by previous rounds then? So for Eater road he'll only want 2119 for his supporters then - after all that's the number that went to their semi-final and including the Annan fans.

Perhaps we should do that for all finals... Is he really this stupid? The likes of Hibs get about 6k for a Scottish cup match and then demand 24k for the final - as do second tier clubs with a few thousand regular fans. I'm sure there's usually over 20k at a home Rangers home cup tie, including the Challenge cup, and so you can probably double that for a final. I'm sure Raith will want about 8k.

Pessimistically you'd have seen 35k at Ibrox and probably over 45k for my guess. Even at a paltry 30k you've just increased your income by a whopping 50%.

BTW As he's praising the final not being held at Ibrox does that mean he's implying that Celtic Park for the Scottish cup final is potentially a very bad decision along with the semis at Ibrox?

But in the end this just seems line another in a long line of sneaky, mendacious, below the belt punches at Rangers fans who are the most loyal in the country and want to see their team - and so what if they didn't attend the previous rounds, if that's a crime then the rest of Scottish football are far more guilty.

IMHO I think Celtic didn't want us at their patch picking up a cup and with the possibility of perhaps damaging their precious hole of a stadium. And of course any excuse to devalue anything Rangers do into the bargain is manna from heaven to them.

I just hope we go there, play really well and win the trophy in style.

Edited by calscot

So he's judging cup final ticket numbers by previous rounds then? So for Eater road he'll only want 2119 for his supporters then - after all that's the number that went to their semi-final and including the Annan fans.

Perhaps we should do that for all finals... Is he really this stupid? The likes of Hibs get about 6k for a Scottish cup match and then demand 24k for the final - as do second tier clubs with a few thousand regular fans. I'm sure there's usually over 20k at a home Rangers home cup tie, including the Challenge cup, and so you can probably double that for a final. I'm sure Raith will want about 8k.

Pessimistically you'd have seen 35k at Ibrox and probably over 45k for my guess. Even at a paltry 30k you've just increased your income by a whopping 50%.

BTW As he's praising the final not being held at Ibrox does that mean he's implying that Celtic Park for the Scottish cup final is potentially a very bad decision along with the semis at Ibrox?

But in the end this just seems line another in a long line of sneaky, mendacious, below the belt punches at Rangers fans who are the most loyal in the country and want to see their team - and so what if they didn't attend the previous rounds, if that's a crime then the rest of Scottish football are far more guilty.

IMHO I think Celtic didn't want us at their patch picking up a cup and with the possibility of perhaps damaging their precious hole of a stadium. And of course any excuse to devalue anything Rangers do into the bargain is manna from heaven to them.

I just hope we go their, play really well and win the trophy in style.

I was just about to post this!, do you think the BHEASTS were asked and refused?.

The more I think about it the more the sporting advantage aspect of Ibrox pales to insignificance. We have our national stadium out of commission, the only other club with a big enough stadium are refusing for some unknown (but guessable) reason and a rugby stadium not seen as an option by a narrow minded football association, with the same going for English stadia. Ibrox is the only viable alternative left that can hold the number of fans who will demand tickets and so while regrettable, needs must.

That is even so bleeding obvious when they actually plan to hold the country's blue riband cup final, with a potentially lucrative European place at stake at the holder's and favourite's stadium. It also has plenty of precedence so does why is suddenly different for a cup that doesn't really matter that much?

Parkhead is really the most obvious solution but we all know that is run by a very weird, bigoted and hateful sect that will go to any lengths to put a stick in Rangers works.

When you've tried your best and then provide the best available solution, if it's a bit flawed then it can't be helped. Instead we go for the stupid option and that's just typical of a totally broken national game that is run by those narrowed to extreme self interest and hatred for any rivalry.

Scottish football is a continuous laughing stock and the sooner it is absorbed into a British system the better.

As usual, you mere mortals fail to grasp the wider issues. It takes a mind like Turnon Bullshut's to see the bigger picture.

'Tis not the size of the ground that is the question, tis the size of the pitch. Big pitch, more likely we win. Smaller pitch, far less certain outcome.

There are some who might think the unseemly haste of the rest of the powers that be to help one finalist over another could be considered a little bit off, but that's missing the point again. When we raised all that money in IPO's & ST's, we weren't supposed to spend it on players and build a decent pool. Until we learn that lesson, we need chastised.

And I know the man to do it. All hail!

It's all about perception.

The premier club in Scotland owning the premier stadium in Scotland shall be the venue for premier events only. The opening of the Commonwealth Games, how they will play GSOQ there will be something to see, the hosting of the Scottish Cup Final by invitation only since you will be playing the premier team in Scotland.

All lesser teams shall play their games at inferior stadia as befits their status.

As a loyalty bonus for our favoured lapdog, Rod Petrie, the Ramsden Cup Final shall be played at Easter Rd.

Any and all enquiries will be dealt with in the usual manner.

Caesar Pete.

Get used to it munchkins, he told us that while he is on the SFA board his primary interest and focus will be for the benefit and promotion of CFC.

Radio Pacific Quay CSC should provide Trumpton Bullhorn with his own show, or better still, combine him Robbie Shepherd's, 'Take the Floor'.

Wheezing melodiums and a bellowing Trumpton Bullhorn would be an invaluable service to the countries farmers demanding more efficient bird scaring systems.