Rangers 3 - 1 Dunfermline (Jig 70 pen, Daly 77, Mohnsi 90)

The more I read this it has to come down to attitude with him. Was he looking like he was trying? That's the things with players who have shown ability in the past, you can easily look and see if they are interested and trying or not. Compare that to someone like Rothen who we know would be awful everytime he got the ball, but with Templeton people expect something good in a game because we have seen it before.

I always think it is hard to say a player isn't trying,he may look like he is not trying but I can't believe a player goes out on the pitch and not try,there is normally something wrong with the player,whether it be a kind of huffy attitude,or there are other problems,but that is what a manager is for, to find out why the player is not performing and sort it one way or another.

The average age of the team that started on Wednesday was 27, with the youngest at 24.

I find it disappointing, though probably not as much as the youngsters.

Seeing as we only have 15 players that fall into that category, two of whom are keepers, I don't think this will happen very often. We've averaged three under 24 starts in our games this season (plus a load of subs including three 22 year olds in the last game), so this seems like a bit of a one off.

Besides, it sounds a bit of an angry bruiser of a game with lots of bookings, would our youngsters have coped and still comfortably brought home the points and stayed injury free? Sounds to me like Ally got it fairly right and protected young Lewis.

Seeing as we only have 15 players that fall into that category, two of whom are keepers, I don't think this will happen very often. We've averaged three under 24 starts in our games this season (plus a load of subs including three 22 year olds in the last game), so this seems like a bit of a one off.

Besides, it sounds a bit of an angry bruiser of a game with lots of bookings, would our youngsters have coped and still comfortably brought home the points and stayed injury free? Sounds to me like Ally got it fairly right and protected young Lewis.

Don't agree.

We have too many players in mid to late twenties, some are squad players who are keeping younger ones out. What chance as we progress if this is happening in the lower divisions.

Maybe it's just me but we used to complain when it was too many player over 30. When it's players in their mid to late twenties then I think the focus on age is becoming a bit extreme.

Like I've said before, what's the point of developing young players when you expect them to retire at 25? Successful teams usually have the bulk of their squad in the mid to late twenties which is when most players play their best stuff with the combination of still being pretty young, while having gained a load of experience and development.

Just for the record, the average age of the Pars side (inc. the sub they used) was 21.5.

The oldest player they fielded: Andy Geggan at 26.

They had 4 bookings - ages 19,20,20,20, and 1 red card - age 19. Jim Jeffries certainly knows how to get the young guys to mix it.

But we won the game.

The more I read this it has to come down to attitude with him. Was he looking like he was trying? That's the things with players who have shown ability in the past, you can easily look and see if they are interested and trying or not. Compare that to someone like Rothen who we know would be awful everytime he got the ball, but with Templeton people expect something good in a game because we have seen it before.

Rothen was a french internationalist - he is a prime example of the type of player you mention.

When you put words in my mouth, it's not worth the effort. Thanks for your contribution.

Thought you were supposed to be chilled...? There seems to be too many people on here that don't realise some of the implications of their views and that extrapolating is a way of testing a hypothesis - then they are unwilling to debate the point, which for me is what the site is about. Seems some are only interested criticising and then having people agree with them.

Just for the record, the average age of the Pars side (inc. the sub they used) was 21.5.

The oldest player they fielded: Andy Geggan at 26.

They had 4 bookings - ages 19,20,20,20, and 1 red card - age 19. Jim Jeffries certainly knows how to get the young guys to mix it.

But we won the game.

Do you not find that pretty worrying for those players careers? Before 26 are they likely to be moved on and replaced with 20 year olds? Like I said, people don't seem to want to think about the implications.

I don't really get the positive from the post. The young guys were booked, one sent off, giving away a penalty that was the first goal of the game and in the second half, and they lost the game. Maybe they can mix it, but I thought we wanted the beautiful game, not an on-field scrap full of dirty players?

We even have a youngish player with a broken cheek who is out for a while just as he was getting back in the team from this. Didn't see the game so don't know how it happened and it could have been accidental, but we also had Jig with a bandaged head and reports of a very physical game.

I really don't see any of this as something we should be looking at to emulate.