Rangers 3 - 1 Dunfermline (Jig 70 pen, Daly 77, Mohnsi 90)

Since I was at work last night and only got the goal info, Templeton did play from the start, it seems. How did he perform?

Very disappointed in him. He would have been a first choice for me at the start of the season but he just didn't perform. Perhaps he needs a few games to get back into it, but on last night's performance he shouldn't be in the team.

We are winning games because we are outspending our opponents about a million to one. Jesus, give Ally a budget of one of his league colleagues and he would have us fighting relegation.

We are winning games because we are outspending our opponents about a million to one. Jesus, give Ally a budget of one of his league colleagues and he would have us fighting relegation.

So pulling numbers out of the air are we? You're saying our opponents have the budget of the order of £6-8 per annum? Although, I forgot, on another thread you didn't believe the official accounts. What exactly is the number you put on Ally's wage budget? You seem to think it's about £100 billion. :rolleyes:

It's hard to say how Ally would do on a average League One budget until he actually does it, but that is a made up criticism that could apply to most Rangers managers. How would Advocaat have done on it? And is it actually relevant? Many managers who do well with small budget, get a job at a big club and then fail.

Ally had a much smaller budget than Celtic plus, massive off the pitch problems and still out performed them until the outside influences got the better of him.

I really don't see the point of making up failure conclusions based on no evidence about Rangers managers just because they have won every game with larger budget than the opposition. The bigger budget comes with the territory and if you're not comfortable with it, perhaps you'd be better off supporting a provincial club. You would then see exactly how well your manager is doing. You seem to want us to become a provincial side in another post, which to me, is unfair to the rest of us.

I find some Rangers fans very strange: 15 wins in a row and the conclusion is that the manager is shit... McCoist really is on a hiding to nothing.

It's horrendous mate. I don't know if i will last the season watching i. It's certainly not enticing fans to the stadium, if anything, despite winning, fans don't want to watch it and have walked away in their thousands since last year.

2146 less attending according to here:

http://www.fitbastats.com/rangers/club_records_league_attendance.php

That's a drop of about 4.7% and was not surprising given the "middle year" status of this season.

You might find the watching the football horrendous, but by all accounts it was worse last year, so if "watchability" is an over-riding factor, shouldn't the attendances have actually gone up this season?

Could not make the game so decided to buy it on RTV.

If you have chrome you can use the HOLA extension and set your location to outside of the UK,

Allowing you to watch the game live and give the club a little bit of cash instead of using illegal streams.

Edited by Waltersgotstyle

Since I was at work last night and only got the goal info, Templeton did play from the start, it seems. How did he perform?

Just his usual for me,lost the ball a lot,cuts inside every time,flatters to deceive.........

I reckon one of the main reasons he loses possession and loses out on so many challenges is his inability (or refusal?) to run properly. I don't know if it's just his style or if there's something wrong with his boots/studs, but when the lad runs he looks like a fairy in high heels carefully trying to skate over a thin sheet of ice.

Sorry to be negative, but I think the reason he doesn't do very well is that he isn't especially good. Any player with ability ought to have spent the last 18 months having an absolute ball, doing tricks, bagging hat-tricks and accepting the inevitable boots on the ankle as tribute.

Aird & MacKay must be looking at that spot in the team/on the bench and thinking 'that's up for grabs. No way is he better than me'.

we were dreadful yet again last night . & times in the first half we had every player on the park bar the 2 goalies in one quarter of the pitch like school kids it was embarrassing to watch

I do sometimes wonder why our players don't use a bit of skill to beat a man or two a lot more. They may not be Gazza's or Laudrup's class but the opposition is a bit lower which should allow some of our more flair players a bit of freedom to show their chops - especially when we're a couple of goals up.

I would love to have Vladimír Weiss right now as I thought he was too much of a risk taker for the CL but would be a joy to watch in our current league.

The question is, why can't a couple of our players do that? Or is it coached out of them?

Honestly, he was shocking mate.

The more I read this it has to come down to attitude with him. Was he looking like he was trying? That's the things with players who have shown ability in the past, you can easily look and see if they are interested and trying or not. Compare that to someone like Rothen who we know would be awful everytime he got the ball, but with Templeton people expect something good in a game because we have seen it before.