"However, I have taken the position of acting Chairman and non-executive Director as I believe this Club has a bright future and we can achieve great things if we all work together for the good of Rangers.

“It should not be about individuals, it is the Club that is important and I hope everyone with Rangers’ best interests at heart can work together in order to take us forward.”

I very much hope to be proven wrong, but this comment about individuals has all the hallmarks of an attempted face-saving exercise by Stockbridge and the Easedales. I realise that this was always likely to be the case, but quite simply, Stockbridge's position is untenable. Its going to take a heck of a lot to convince me otherwise.

And if this Boardroom stramash was not about individuals, why does the Board continue to employ Jack Irvine who has smeared individuals on a daily basis?

This is a sticky plaster on an open wound. Perhaps Somers will hang on for the ride after the AGM, but this statement is no more than a puff piece.

Apparently, links between Allenbridge and Close Leasing through to Whyte.

Inevitable I suppose so we'll just have to guess how strong the links are - if at all.

Combined with the Daniel Stewart links to Whyte, Betts & Green it doesn't come as a huge surprise that Daniel Stewart would find us a new Chairman with links through to Whyte.

Whether he's technically a credible candidate for the position or not, I won't be supporting anyone appointed by this Daniel Stewart mob.

It is not the remit of the SFA to conduct a fit and proper person test.

It's also not the remit of the media to call, or not call, for one.

That was my fundamental point.

Regan and Doncaster sit on their hands until a headline hits them over the heid.

Jim McColl group 'bemused' by appointment of David Somers as Rangers chairman

9 Nov 2013 07:42

THE GROUP of shareholders calling for boardroom changes at Ibrox released a statement questioning the reasons for the appointment of Somers.

JIM McCOLL and his Ibrox allies last night insisted the appointment of David Somers as acting Rangers chairman has left them bemused.

The club announced Somers as their new chairman on Thursday as they revealed the long-awaited agm would be held on December 19.

That agm was scheduled for last month but it was delayed after McColl’s group of shareholders – who want boardroom changes – were granted an interim interdict at the Court of Session.

Somers will be subject to re-appointment at the agm but his arrival has puzzled McColl and Co.

And they have warned the Ibrox board they won’t accept any further appointments before that crunch meeting. The group hope to have former chairman Malcolm Murray, Paul Murray, Scott Murdoch and Alex Wilson appointed as directors at next month’s agm.

Those proposals must be on the agenda following the court decision and the group can’t see why Somers has been brought in now.

In a statement they said: “We note the appointment of David Somers as Acting Chairman of Rangers International Football Club with bemusement.

“Is he purely independent and there to ensure the AGM is conducted properly or is he endorsing the current dysfunctional regime and trying to rebuild it?

“The Court of Session ruling was nearly four weeks ago and the spirit of it would have had the AGM done by now and democracy would have been achieved.

“His gushing praise of the history of the club has been done by many characters in this revolving-door regime. The fans are well aware of their history and instead need to hear answers to the questions they ask vocally at every game about investor identity, Charles Green’s involvement and poor financial performance.

“Last year’s prospectus promised a high level of corporate governance. The result has been a disgrace.

“Mr Somers says he stands for corporate governance.

“As none of us know Mr Somers we have asked Daniel Stewart (the club’s nominated advisor) for an introductory meeting. Our group is ready and fully equipped to rebuild the club financially and morally and although we are being pressed by shareholders to call for a general meeting we will wait in the interests of the dwindling cash balance.

“We and they, however, will not stand for further appointments pre AGM.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jim-mccoll-group-bemused-david-2711949

I wish McColl would put his money where his mouth is just what does this guy want the club for nothing to sit back and appoint whom he sees fit well if he forks out the cash he can get the club what's he waiting for .