Craig Whyte links with nominated advisor Daniel Stewart & co?

I'd a meeting with someone today who claimed the media arm of the club is in the process of being 'out-sourced'. I can't prove it but he's someone who might well be privy to that information. The term he used was asset stripping. He's not a Rangers fan either.

I'd a meeting with someone today who claimed the media arm of the club is in the process of being 'out-sourced'. I can't prove it but he's someone who might well be privy to that information. The term he used was asset stripping. He's not a Rangers fan either.

That could be why Traynor went.

It'll be interesting to see if the dormant Rangers Media company (I'm sure it's a dormant company) will start trading or dissapear.

Revealed: New Ibrox chairman David Somers has business links to Charles Green and Craig Whyte

8 Nov 2013 08:12

RANGERS have unveiled a new director ahead of crucial AGM but the past history of David Somers shows his ties to controversial former Ibrox figures Green and Whyte.

RANGERS’ new chairman has business links to controversial former Ibrox figures Craig Whyte and Charles Green.

Millionaire fund manager David Somers, 65, was unveiled as the new man at the club’s helm yesterday, and announced his intention to take Rangers “back to the very top of Scottish football where they belong”.

Rangers released a statement praising his “considerable experience in matters of corporate governance” and claimed he would “provide stability” while building a “unified” board.

Today we can reveal Somers is connected through a network of firms to the men who brought the club to its knees last year.

As well as his new role at Ibrox, the businessman is a director of London finance firm AllenbridgeEpic Investment Advisers Limited.

In 2011, AllenbridgeEpic sold their retail division, Allenbridge Group, to London finance giant Close Brothers. Last year, Craig Whyte sold £2million of future earnings from matchday catering at Ibrox to Close Brothers to pay for the lease of kitchen equipment.

There is another link between the finance firm and Whyte.

One of the board members of Close Brothers is Ray Greenshields, who is also chairman of Octopus VCT3, who own Ticketus.

Whyte funded his takeover of Rangers by selling off future season tickets to Ticketus.

Last year, Allenbridge Group confirmed that they had invested some of their clients’ money in Octopus, a move that left wealthy investors exposed to the Ticketus debacle.

Green meanwhile struck a £30million “tax efficient *investment” deal in 2000 with Close Brothers through his own financial services company, Kingsbridge Holdings.

Married dad of three Somers lives in a £1.3million farmhouse in East Sussex with wife Carol.

Yesterday he released a statement on the Rangers website stating: “It is a huge honour and *privilege to be appointed acting chairman and non-executive director of Rangers Football Club.

“I know from my visits to Ibrox Stadium – including a number of Champions League games I attended in the past – that the club has a tremendous fan base.

“Ally McCoist has the players performing well on the pitch so my task now is to strengthen the board to the level that Rangers Football Club deserves.

“This 141-year-old institution is on the road to recovery and I will do everything in my power to help take this great club back to the very top of Scottish football where it belongs.

“Ally McCoist and his squad have enjoyed a positive start to the season and we are in a terrific position at the top of the league.

“I appreciate some supporters have been unhappy with events at the club in recent weeks and months.

“However, I have taken the position of acting chairman and non-executive director as I believe this club has a bright future and we can achieve great things if we all work together for the good of Rangers.

“It should not be about individuals, it is the club that is important and I hope everyone with Rangers’ best interests at heart can work together in order to take us forward.”

Rangers announced yesterday that their long awaited annual general meeting (AGM) will take place on December 19.

The club reported a £14million operating loss for the 13 months to June.

They were due to hold their AGM last month but it was delayed after a group of shareholders seeking boardroom changes were granted an interim interdict at the Court of Session.

That group want former chairman Malcolm Murray as well as Paul Murray, Scott Murdoch and Alex Wilson appointed as directors – proposals that must be on the AGM agenda following the court decision.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/revealed-new-ibrox-chairman-business-2689081

Today we can reveal Somers is connected through a network of firms to the men who brought the club to its knees last year.

As well as his new role at Ibrox, the businessman is a director of London finance firm AllenbridgeEpic Investment Advisers Limited.

In 2011, AllenbridgeEpic sold their retail division, Allenbridge Group, to London finance giant Close Brothers. Last year, Craig Whyte sold £2million of future earnings from matchday catering at Ibrox to Close Brothers to pay for the lease of kitchen equipment.

There is another link between the finance firm and Whyte.

One of the board members of Close Brothers is Ray Greenshields, who is also chairman of Octopus VCT3, who own Ticketus.

Whyte funded his takeover of Rangers by selling off future season tickets to Ticketus.

Last year, Allenbridge Group confirmed that they had invested some of their clients’ money in Octopus, a move that left wealthy investors exposed to the Ticketus debacle.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/revealed-new-ibrox-chairman-business-2689081

DR really grasping at straws here IMHO. As far as I know, Close Brothers are a MASSSIVE firm which AllenbridgeEpic sold part of their company to. Whyte then received financing from Close to least Kitchen equipment - how does that link David Somers to Whyte???

The next link is even worse since it concerns Allenbridge Group (which was sold to Close Brothers in 2011), investing money in Octopus - How on earth does that concern Mr Somers???

The rest of the article is simply the press release....top notch journalism!!!

I hear Dave King once shopped in the same supermarket as Craig Whyte.

SPIV OUT!

yeah that was a chuck green excuse.

a month later he was telling us he was lying when he told whyte you are sevco.

a month after that he was appointing him a director of sevco.