Are you seriously saying that's the type of language and terminology our chairman should be using?

I am suggesting he is entitled to use the terminology he chooses, which is much more preferable than comparing Rangers to your local golf club.

I am suggesting he is entitled to use the terminology he chooses, which is much more preferable than comparing Rangers to your local golf club.

So are you happy with his tone and terminology?

I think that the Chairman needs to understand that it is the support that keeps Rangers going financially and that he needs to engage constructively with that support.

This kind of statement is not helpful when it comes to building bridges and repairing the relationships that have been so badly damaged over the past couple of years. For example, he could have showed up at the recent meeting at the Grosvenor Hilton the way the requisitioners and others did. Alternatively, how about inviting a representative of the supporter's organisations on to the board.

The support has genuine concerns. The Board has been shambolic over the past year with resignations galore. We have managed to get through three Nomads and two CEOs. The CFO has failed to inspire confidence on the few occasions he has engaged with the support. There is real concern over bonuses and payments to management and Board members and the use of Jack Irvine has added fuel to the fire. The Chairman needs to recognise that a large percentage of the support are very unhappy over how the club is being run and, if he is to have any credibility, he needs to start allaying those concerns in a substantive and constructive way.

There are many more things he could have done other than this statement.

While he was poring over the minutes, I wonder if he considered Stockbridge's home video escapade.

That for me is one of the most abhorrent parts of this whole affair.

If Somers is aware of it and either ignores it or actively seeks to exonerate Stockbridge, then that tells me bundles about the guy.

This isn't partisanship. This is a pure question of moral rectitude.

This isn't the first time Somers has come out with embarrassing nonsense attacking the requisitioners, so he's just shooting himself and his puppet masters in the foot again. He's had more than ample time to get a feeling for the political landscape slash minefield that he's agreed (and is being paid!) to traverse, but instead of navigating it skillfully or even remotely carefully he comes across as an amateur new recruit acting like a headless chicken without the slightest clue. Total disregard for the fans and for the businessmen fans who've been trying and are still trying to cleanse and improve our boardroom as well as total disregard for the political landscape and the bigger picture at the club. Statements like this are never going to win Somers an upturn in his potential overall votes at the AGM, so either the man is an idiot and not at all suitable for the position of Chairman at Rangers or he's been told that the votes are all in the bag and he can just get the scattergun out and start blasting the opposition. Irvine commented today that this statement is solely the work of Somers himself which I don't believe for one minute, but if it is, then that probably makes it even worse.

Joint statement

The comments from the chairman are deeply troubling and we call for an urgent meeting so that he can acquaint himself with the reality of the feelings of the support. We cannot run a club by press releases written by highly paid spin doctors

In the current dire financial predicament the club finds itself in, the job of an impartial chairman should be to consider the views of the vast swathes of shareholders who have not been impressed by the performance of the company; and the concerns of the supporters who fund the club.

We are disappointed that Mr Somers has not yet seen to fit to meet with representatives of the support and we feel it is imperative that such a meeting takes place before the AGM.

I have no problem with his open letter or its terminology fight fire with fire sort of approach, I certainly won't lose any sleep over it.

You understand that the position of Chairman of Rangers carries with it some responsibility, yes? You might have read his words on a fan's messageboard but that doesn't mean that's the type of language he should use.

I'm not sure what depresses me most, that the Chairman of our club behaves this way or that some in our support think it is okay.