was it a Freudian slip in the we owe a 'debt of gratitude' to Stockbridge, as opposed to the massive ledger debt the Club has incurred with him as the financial rudder.

I get the feeling that Stockbridge was obliged to apply financial rules which stopped Green and Ahmad from stripping more money from the club than they did.

Not true. Most on here were ambivalent about Somers until today. But that's a shocking statement for our Chairman to make. Childish name-calling and endorsing Stockbridge as if he's holding the club together and using Irvine to ghost his press release shows such a disregard for the support and the position he holds. How anyone can read that statement and believe it fitting of the Chairman of Rangers astounds me. It shouldn't surprise me, for a while now a section of our own support show more interest in self-harm than anything else.

Id say it works both ways AMMS - and some of the stuff by the requisitoners and their supporters has been truly unedifying. The revealing of personal details of fellow bears took it to an all time low.

Can I just check what the folk on here is more important:

1 - The Chairman of RFC takes a few weeks to pour over historic board minutes etc & tries to get to grips with where the club has been going wrong, in order to try & put things right. (Note: this options is based in info from his statement)

or

2 - The Chairman of RCF sits & has a cup of tea with a selection of fans reps to go over everyone of the fans gripes about the current board & the way forward.

As I said previously, I think some folk need to take a step back from the trenches & look @ ALL the information being put in front of them. Only then can they hope to make ANY kind of informed decision based on available fact.

There may be a lot of spin coming out of Ibrox recently, but there is an equal amount (if not more) coming from the requisitioner's side.

One reason for this sudden flurry of fighting in public is that both sides are neck and neck in terms of the voting blocks behind them and it really could come down to how the fan vote goes. This public bickering will have no effect on the institutionals who have made up their minds, but splitting the fan vote would be something the incumbents would be very keen on doing, I'd imagine.

You understand that the position of Chairman of Rangers carries with it some responsibility, yes? You might have read his words on a fan's messageboard but that doesn't mean that's the type of language he should use.

I'm not sure what depresses me most, that the Chairman of our club behaves this way or that some in our support think it is okay.

It depresses me greatly when people put themselves forward as saviours who don't even know who brought Souness Woods and Butcher to Rangers.

Id say it works both ways AMMS - and some of the stuff by the requisitoners and their supporters has been truly unedifying. The revealing of personal details of fellow bears took it to an all time low.

The snakes in the boardroom getting a statement released on the club website saying the club had reported fans to the Police who were organising a protest meeting at the Louden. That was one of the all time lows.

I for one do believe that Somers and Wallace are the first real professional people in their position after SDM and Bain left the house. Which is not lapping up the latter two, just saying what I think of those after him.

As I intimated before today (sic!), these two had to wade through two years of cringeworthy stuff and have to find a way to get the club forward in a professional manner. That they cannot leave all the attacks from the "Gang of Four", Leggat and Co. unchallenged was to be expected, and in the case of the requisitioners' constant bugging a snide reply was to be expected. You would hope he keeps it all within limits though, as we have enough bampotry out there.

Coming to think of it ... it might even be the case that the Easdales wanted all this Green stuff to end and actually brought in people utterly unconnected to him and what went before him. For only in that way would the club achieve any sort of progress in a decent manner. And to secure that, they bought up all those free shares. Well, probably that is a touch too optimistic, but as with much of the conjecture and hearsay out there, well ...

In any case, I doubt that there are any grand puppetmasters behind Wallace and Somers, and one would hope people come down to a normal level now and judge them and their efforts objectively. These are not some unproven, unheard of chaps.