http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=11812355

The Company announces the results of the voting by poll on the resolutions put to its Annual General Meeting held at 10:30am on Thursday 19 December 2013 at Ibrox Stadium, 150 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow G51 2XD.

Resolutions 1-9 were successfully passed but Resolutions 10-14 did not achieve sufficient votes to be passed.

The Directors note that Resolution 10 was supported by 67.9% of the votes cast but as it is a special resolution it required a majority of 75% of the votes cast. In line with the Chief Executive's statement of earlier today the board may seek the relevant authority again once it has completed a robust business planning process as appropriate.

David Somers, Chairman commented "We are pleased that the board, with its focus on corporate governance, prudent financial management and strategic commercial development, has been decisively re-appointed by a high turnout of Shareholders at the AGM."

Graham Wallace, CEO commented "The Board sought a clear and decisive mandate from shareholders to provide a platform for stability and is pleased that the voting has provided this. The Board recognises that improved engagement with supporters is a major area of focus and is committed to reviewing how the Club engages with the wider supporter base. We now require a period of stability in order to take the business forward and I encourage everyone with the best interest of Rangers at heart to support fully the new Board in developing the Club and growing shareholder value."

Full results on LSE link:

Very conclusive results to be honest.

Time for PM et al to move on as they clearly don't inspire enough people.

IMHO it hasn't to do with inspiration of the masses, but with the amount of shares held by some. The majority "minor shareholders", i.e. those on the board right now. Had Paul Murray et al engaged with them more than with the media, I would assume that there was a decent chance to get a place on the board today.

All that said, the board can appoint more directors as they see fit, I assume. So who knows what will happen in these coming weeks and months.

IMHO it hasn't to do with inspiration of the masses, but with the amount of shares held by some. The majority "minor shareholders", i.e. those on the board right now. Had Paul Murray et al engaged with them more than with the media, I would assume that there was a decent chance to get a place on the board today.

All that said, the board can appoint more directors as they see fit, I assume. So who knows what will happen in these coming weeks and months.

You think they must realise they can't do this alone and need fans support, and an easy way for them to partly achieve this but not give up control of the board is to elect two of the requisitioners.

Very conclusive results to be honest.

Time for PM et al to move on as they clearly don't inspire enough people.

It's the block shareholders than won the vote, Frankie. It's nothing to do with inspiring enough people. We have a dictatorship disguised as a democracy. The dissent against the board doesn't come Paul Murray, it comes from the cold hard facts. I don't need inspired by anyone to fight against that. The idea that we should all try to forgive and forget is just ridiculous.