should the french have just accepted german rule in 1940 or the falklanders Argentinian rule just because they won. should we accept the bedroom tax or privatization of the post office just because the tories won.

thats not how democracy works.

The invasion of both France and the Falklands were breaches of International Law GS - the vote at the AGM did not breach any law

That is a fair point FS - but you know as well as I do thats the price of capitalism. Lets call it it due process and take democracy equation out of it.

Democracy is portrayed as all things being equal but the reality is like everything else in life is that some are more equal than others.

Like you say that's the price we pay for capitalism but it will also be capitalism that will proffer deliverance (hopefully!).

Democracy is portrayed as all things being equal but the reality is like everything else in life is that some are more equal than others.

Like you say that's the price we pay for capitalism but it will also be capitalism that will proffer deliverance (hopefully!).

Let me join with you in this Orwellian moment and say I agree.

I suspect we are not that far off agreeing on the type of model we would like to see overseeing such profit, and where would like to see that profit invested.

It should be remembered that many people who identify with Rangers through their physical and financial support are people who have had to work hard to enable them to raise the funds to support the club. It is this that sets such people apart from the characters who have taken money out of the club for their own benefit and the faceless individuals, who are encouraging them to do so, by giving them their support. While I can understand the democracy argument that is being advanced, in any democracy, there is usually the opportunity for the people to register their dissatisfaction, through the ballot box. The way things stand right now, such an option will not be available to the men and women, who have the best interests of the club, as their chief priority. It may prove to be fruitless but I hope that the expressions of opposition directed at most of those, occupying the platform on Thursday, will continue.

It should be remembered that many people who identify with Rangers through their physical and financial support are people who have had to work hard to enable them to raise the funds to support the club. It is this that sets such people apart from the characters who have taken money out of the club for their own benefit and the faceless individuals, who are encouraging them to do so, by giving them their support. While I can understand the democracy argument that is being advanced, in any democracy, there is usually the opportunity for the people to register their dissatisfaction, through the ballot box. The way things stand right now, such an option will not be available to the men and women, who have the best interests of the club, as their chief priority. It may prove to be fruitless but I hope that the expressions of opposition directed at most of those, occupying the platform on Thursday, will continue.

So those who vote at an election Tom, but dont see their candidate or party win - would we be happy to see them embark on a campaign of civil disobedience ?

Or rather than harm the country would it be better they work with others to ensure a different result next time round should the elected candidate prove unworthy ?

indeed rab. thats why i really like the buyrangers set up.

anyone boycotting should consider buying shares instead.

You know GS I was thinking the very same today , and what got me was that we have things like Movember , the new thing for January Dryathalon where your meant to stay of the drink for a month , I was dreaming that Rangers fans could give up 1 pint , yes just 1 pint every week till the end of the season , roughly £3-4 quid a week , and they put it aside and then bought shares , just imagine

People were more than happy to call it a democracy when it looked like Murray et all would get on board

i think we both know that the agm was never going to be the end of the story. do you think the spivs would have stood back and let p murray run the club. what would rm have been saying etc