Democracy at Rangers will be when every member of the club has a vote.

No matter how rich a person is, every member will have one vote in presidential elections.

It might be okay in the world of business to have large companies owned by a relative handful of shareholders, but it's not okay in football.

What we have just now is a sketch from Not The Nine O' Clock News where most people want tea and the largest union wants coffee - so coffee is served.

We need to become a member-owned club - not a shareholder-owned company.

One member - one vote. This kind of democracy delivers results that people can live with because they perceive it to be fair and just - and because rich people can't buy up the vote the way they do at Rangers just now.

Rangers should not be a vehicle for people to make profit - it should exist for its members to profit from being part of it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

But the democratic system and process is not about your view AMMS - nor mine for that matter. Its the system the requistioners subjected themselves to and is the process which is in place. Its the way it works - and not just for our club' date=' its fairness (or lack thereof) is perhaps a discussion for another time.

The fans have the opportunity to effect that process by acquiring the significant shareholding - we should have done it by now but we havent - that to me is not a fault of the process.[/quote']

It is the 'process' we need to work with but it can't and shouldn't ever be called democratic; it's not. Words are important D'Art, you know that, you shouldn't use the word democratic to describe something that patently isn't.

With the greatest of respect you might be willing to accept some of the people we have as directors but I'm not. I really admire your tenacity in pursuit of HMRC, but ultimately it can't change anything, nothing can be undone now. But our current directors can be stopped, or at least influenced, as can the people who voted for them. Supplicant compliance isn't for me anymore. We've tugged our forelock to men who treated us very badly for too long, this isn't the time for shrugging our shoulders and going back to being serfs again.

So those who vote at an election Tom' date=' but dont see their candidate or party win - would we be happy to see them embark on a campaign of civil disobedience ?

Or rather than harm the country would it be better they work with others to ensure a different result next time round should the elected candidate prove unworthy ?[/quote']

Do you seriously believe D'art that the motives of the investor groups are such that they are remotely interested in working with any group who would impede their only objective, which is to maximise their financial gain.? They are not that type of people.

Yesterday, I saw a very moving picture on the front of the new issue of WATP. It was Sandy Jardine making no attempt to conceal his emotion. Much of his emotion would relate to his personal situation but some of the emotion was down to his being with people who, in the same way as Sandy, cared about Rangers. The same Sandy, who led the march to Hampden. I am not sure where you are getting your campaign of disobedience concern from as I am not aware of any disobedience. I have always respected your views but from my experience the nice people approach rarely has any impact on greedy, selfish people and that is the type who are calling the shots.

It is the 'process' we need to work with but it can't and shouldn't ever be called democratic; it's not. Words are important D'Art, you know that, you shouldn't use the word democratic to describe something that patently isn't.

With the greatest of respect you might be willing to accept some of the people we have as directors but I'm not. I really admire your tenacity in pursuit of HMRC, but ultimately it can't change anything, nothing can be undone now. But our current directors can be stopped, or at least influenced, as can the people who voted for them. Supplicant compliance isn't for me anymore. We've tugged our forelock to men who treated us very badly for too long, this isn't the time for shrugging our shoulders and going back to being serfs again.

Only one director is left from Green's original group and three of the current lot only arrived last month, I don't see why people can't at least try and move forward with that, change has happened even if not to the full extent of everyone's liking

That's not to say the people in charge can't or shouldn't be scrutinised but next season should be a massive one in our long history and I don't know about you but i'm dreading it being overshadowed yet again. The fuss was all about this AGM and it's passed, so unless anything dramatic happens or is revealed before the next one then i'd like to focus on football for a change.

No matter how rich a person is, every member will have one vote in presidential elections.

It might be okay in the world of business to have large companies owned by a relative handful of shareholders, but it's not okay in football.

What we have just now is a sketch from Not The Nine O' Clock News where most people want tea and the largest union wants coffee - so coffee is served.

One member - one vote. This kind of democracy delivers results that people can live with because they perceive it to be fair and just - and because rich people can't buy up the vote the way they do at Rangers just now.

Rangers should not be a vehicle for people to make profit - it should exist for its members to profit from being part of it.

So what do you do to all those individuals & institutions who put in the £22m last year ? Without it we wouldn't be here today.

What you're suggesting sounds like something Stalin would have done in communist Russia.

Whether you you like it or not Rangers football club is owned by a plc owned by shareholders. Those shareholders decide who they want to run the plc which owns the club.Welcome to democratic capitalism my friend. Many clubs throughout the world exist this way.

Only one director is left from Green's original group and three of the current lot only arrived last month, I don't see why people can't at least try and move forward with that, change has happened even if not to the full extent of everyone's liking

That's not to say the people in charge can't or shouldn't be scrutinised but next season should be a massive one in our long history and I don't know about you but i'm dreading it being overshadowed yet again. The fuss was all about this AGM and it's passed, so unless anything dramatic happens or is revealed before the next one then i'd like to focus on football for a change.

because it's to all intents and purposes green that appointed all the current directors. or if you prefer it's the same person or persons who appointed green.

why should we believe this lot will be any different?

because it's to all intents and purposes green that appointed all the current directors. or if you prefer it's the same person or persons who appointed green.

Did green appoint Crichton, Somers and Wallace ? Think you're making things up now aren't you ?

Craig Whyte made the odd appointment I approved of so i'm not really sure what that tells me. Every case is different, and Wallace seems to have been on the radar of all 'sides'.

Utopia, dream on bud.