Ally McCoist: We need supporters to be thinking about season tickets and not boycotts

It's been clear since about April last year there were serious money issues at Ibrox. Before the share offering Green himself said the club was losing a million a month. Nothing changed after the offering if anything spending went up.

We need to live within our means and accept it'll take a while for us to be back on top again

We may have took all that in but we also knew we had spent just about every penny too. Costs were in the public and were huge. Salaries, bonuses, bills, wages, nothing was secret.

We knew on here all was not well, other fans i knew could see through the lies, i don't know one single person who believed the "we are financially sound" crap coming out of the club. It was obvious all was not well. And even to give Super the benefit of the doubt, his salary was still astronomical for the level we were were and are still at. Ally may be a lot of things but he isn't that dumb. He was on the gravy train alright.

we didn't really know till june or july time mate. we had no idea the ipo costs were 6 million till the accounts came out. people were still claiming the 100% bonus for getting out of the sfl was for our return to the spl not the slf3. etc etc

we didn't really know till june or july time mate. we had no idea the ipo costs were 6 million till the accounts came out. people were still claiming the 100% bonus for getting out of the sfl was for our return to the spl not the slf3. etc etc

Many people had their suspicions long before that mate. The bonus saga we knew of very early on along with the playing wage bill and the managers salary. There was talk of trouble long before the IPO. As i said, Ally is not that dumb i don't believe he believed for one second all was rosy. Before the IPO we all knew investment was needed to keep the club going, as much as we didn't want it to be the case, money from the IPO was always going to go on keeping the club afloat. That should have set more alarm bells off. From start to finish the business has been an absolute mess. From paying players thousands of pounds per week to play in the 4th division to paying £2.5m for advice during the IPO. Stockbridge is the one common denominator in all of that. How he is still here is unbelievable. How anyone can support a board who have made so many mistakes and lost so much money is beyond me.

Many people had their suspicions long before that mate. The bonus saga we knew of very early on along with the playing wage bill and the managers salary. There was talk of trouble long before the IPO. As i said, Ally is not that dumb i don't believe he believed for one second all was rosy. Before the IPO we all knew investment was needed to keep the club going, as much as we didn't want it to be the case, money from the IPO was always going to go on keeping the club afloat. That should have set more alarm bells off. From start to finish the business has been an absolute mess. From paying players thousands of pounds per week to play in the 4th division to paying £2.5m for advice during the IPO. Stockbridge is the one common denominator in all of that. How he is still here is unbelievable. How anyone can support a board who have made so many mistakes and lost so much money is beyond me.

the board would have been lying through their teeth to him. ally demanding a cut because things were bad would have blown there cover wide open.

For def

But we need to get away from things like McCoist saying we need a striker because it does absolutely no good we end up with some sub par striker or we pay him off because he doesn't make the grade. But ultimately we spend money we just don't have

Also what sort of message does it send to our youths when our Manager would rather go out and spend money than rather a take a risk on one of them. Surely spending is the bigger risk?

the board would have been lying through their teeth to him. ally demanding a cut because things were bad would have blown there cover wide open.

It was something we really needed back then and it may well have given the reqs more support too before it started getting messy.

For def

But we need to get away from things like McCoist saying we need a striker because it does absolutely no good we end up with some sub par striker or we pay him off because he doesn't make the grade. But ultimately we spend money we just don't have

Also what sort of message does it send to our youths when our Manager would rather go out and spend money than rather a take a risk on one of them. Surely spending is the bigger risk?

We have some good young players coming through but most of them aren't ready to play every week remember even the youth department was thrown together last minute.