McCoist can't win here which is why I feel the criticism is too harsh. Yes our opponents are weak, but then we've only dropped 2 points all season. Yet apparently he's a liability as a manager? It doesn't make any sense.

Who do you suggest we appoint then?

When you look at the resources he has compared to every other club in lg1 and you look at the overall performances this season then questions should be asked. I'm sure he'll go to the end of this season then (after 3 years in the job) he should be thanked for his efforts and we should go for someone with a proven record in. My choice would be Billy Davies.

Look, i'm undecided as to McCoist's ability as a manager, I just think the level of criticism he gets is OTT. He can only win the league he's in and beat the sides he plays. He's doing that. I've never known a Rangers side I didn't think could be better, even treble winning sides frustrated me at times. The time for judgement isn't now, it's when we're competing with the top sides again. I think we can read far too much into things just now.

I can see where you are coming from as I remember frequently pulling my hair out when we played 5 across the back at home to St Johnstone etc under Wattie, but we were winning leagues. I get that bit.

I'm not sure how else we are supposed to voice displeasure about a manager we don't rate, without it being called OTT. I could be wrong but I don't see anything personal being stated etc. We aren't happy and we have the right to state it in a constructive way.

I disagree that the time for judgement isn't now. I think it most certainly is now (although it is all about opinions). If we wait until we get into the top division it will be way too late. If you change manager then, he will want a budget to bring in his own players etc, and we will effectively be starting again.

The one thing that would unify us all behind Ally is if the team was showing signs of promise, and a brand of football that we could get behind. If we could see his vision. Why doesn't he come out and tell us what his vision is in terms of how he wants his team to play? I have always wanted him to succeed, but more than that I have wanted my Club to succeed. Unfortunately I don't see the two desires being possible. I've given him lots of time and now I can't believe in him any more.

McCoist can't win here which is why I feel the criticism is too harsh. Yes our opponents are weak, but then we've only dropped 2 points all season. Yet apparently he's a liability as a manager? It doesn't make any sense.

Who do you suggest we appoint then?

Of course it does, he has bought these results, not managed them.

Amms said What is it people expect from 'youth development' exactly? I keep reading this criticism of Rangers yet I don't see any other clubs in Scotland producing great players. Indeed I don't see many in the UK producing great players.*"

well maybe not "great" players but take aberdeen (jack, pawlett,smith good youngsters and half the team came through their system.recently sold fraser and grimmer) dundee united have some very talented kids that came through in recent years and current as well, gauld, armstrong etc...

The irony is we laughed at them as they would be fucked without us in spl. They are the ones turning to youth, playing better football, young progressive "coaching" managers..as i stay up north i know their fans are excited again, not because they win every game but because they are buying into the philosophy.. thats what people on here are banging on about ally lacking. It's not some impossible fantasy it just needs a proper football manager who can build a club not just assemble a group of experienced pros..

Amms said What is it people expect from 'youth development' exactly? I keep reading this criticism of Rangers yet I don't see any other clubs in Scotland producing great players. Indeed I don't see many in the UK producing great players.*"

well maybe not "great" players but take aberdeen (jack, pawlett,smith good youngsters and half the team came through their system.recently sold fraser and grimmer) dundee united have some very talented kids that came through in recent years and current as well, gauld, armstrong etc...

The irony is we laughed at them as they would be fucked without us in spl. They are the ones turning to youth, playing better football, young progressive "coaching" managers..as i stay up north i know their fans are excited again, not because they win every game but because they are buying into the philosophy.. thats what people on here are banging on about ally lacking. It's not some impossible fantasy it just needs a proper football manager who can build a club not just assemble a group of experienced pros..

We only really have one decent player from our youth development who regularly gets a game - Macleod.

Dundee Utd in particular put us to shame. In the past 15 or so years the only youth development players that have stood out for me are Ferguson, McGregor, Hutton and possible Macleod.

Ross McCormack is a quality player but we got rid of him.