C'mon, he's dropped two points all season, only two points. Some perspective please, no one is above criticism but the reaction to a drawn game, remember we drew we didn't lose, is really over-the-top. Let's see how the side react to this 'set-back' before we pillory them too much.

Perspective? Our opponents are the weakest a Rangers manager has ever faced, apart from last season, and we didn't set the heather on fire then either. This is the perspective that needs to be applied. We are a giant amongst ants.

Our play is pedestrian, laborious, unimaginative, predictable and tedious. Instead of reinventing the playing style, we're back in the old routine of monotony and over-generous use of a chequebook. We are backward and boring.

McCoist will always be a playing legend, but he is an out and out liability as a manager. The club needs better, and a change should ideally be made before we return to the top division.

Sadly, I doubt that it will.

We're going to pay a hefty price for retaining a manager who would not find a job at any other top football club.

I keep saying though - for me it is not about one game. I've said it in games we have won. The football is (often extremely) poor most of the time even through the run of wins. There is no sign of improvement whatsoever in all the time he has been there. If some people say it is slightly better than last year then I'm not going to split hairs over that. It was so low last year there was only one way to go. Can you honestly say that our rate of progress in a footballing sense is on schedule for where we will need to be in 18 months or whatever it is? I am saying right now that in my view there is not a hope in hell of that being the case while the 3 amigos are at the helm of the footballing side.

I stood feet way from them at Stirling Albion and could hear every word. The only thing McCoist could shout the whole game was "keep it going lads". I thought it was an under 11s 7-a-side match. Durrant told McCoist it was shite. McCoist blew a gasket at Durrant, who then proceeded to sit down in front of the dugout and make snide remarks for the remainder of the game, while McCoist blew his top at him every now and then. I couldn't believe this was the Rangers management team who would be in charge of trying to get us back to the top.

I respect your opinion, but I will need a helluva lot to change mine.

Anyone defending McCoist is literally defending the indefensible.

Is it so obvious how inept he is.

Okay, your opinions have some validity. Apart from Templeton ( 800 k ) all of this squad that has been added came free except for wages. Now two questions:

1. With no transfer budget and a need to cut wages ( from CEO Wallace ), who would you cull and who would you add to the squad?

2. Who would you replace Ally with, such that we would consistently play "good" football and no more big punt football and still win the next two year's leagues?

BTW, as a contrast to that champagne football between Man City and Arsenal a couple of weeks back, was anyone watching that high-octane local derby between Arsenal and Chelsea last Monday? Multi-million football of two of the finest teams in the EPL, lead by two of the finest managers in Europe, some might say.

I can't really be bothered to respond to each point in this pedantic matter. To me it is really, really simple. We are in a very poor standard, paying far greater wages and we can barely string 2 passes together.

Pedantic? I'm sorry here's me thinking answering your various points was the done thing. I'll know better next time.

BTW, as a contrast to that champagne football between Man City and Arsenal a couple of weeks back, was anyone watching that high-octane local derby between Arsenal and Chelsea last Monday? Multi-million football of two of the finest teams in the EPL, lead by two of the finest managers in Europe, some might say.

Are you suggesting that Wenger and Mourinho are not all they are made out to be, or that Ally has as much talent? Monday night was a 'one-off' especially where Arsenal are concerned. Ours is prolonged.

I keep saying though - for me it is not about one game. I've said it in games we have won. The football is (often extremely) poor most of the time even through the run of wins. There is no sign of improvement whatsoever in all the time he has been there. If some people say it is slightly better than last year then I'm not going to split hairs over that. It was so low last year there was only one way to go. Can you honestly say that our rate of progress in a footballing sense is on schedule for where we will need to be in 18 months or whatever it is? I am saying right now that in my view there is not a hope in hell of that being the case while the 3 amigos are at the helm of the footballing side.

I stood feet way from them at Stirling Albion and could hear every word. The only thing McCoist could shout the whole game was "keep it going lads". I thought it was an under 11s 7-a-side match. Durrant told McCoist it was shite. McCoist blew a gasket at Durrant, who then proceeded to sit down in front of the dugout and make snide remarks for the remainder of the game, while McCoist blew his top at him every now and then. I couldn't believe this was the Rangers management team who would be in charge of trying to get us back to the top.

I respect your opinion, but I will need a helluva lot to change mine.

Look, i'm undecided as to McCoist's ability as a manager, I just think the level of criticism he gets is OTT. He can only win the league he's in and beat the sides he plays. He's doing that. I've never known a Rangers side I didn't think could be better, even treble winning sides frustrated me at times. The time for judgement isn't now, it's when we're competing with the top sides again. I think we can read far too much into things just now.

Look, i'm undecided as to McCoist's ability as a manager, I just think the level of criticism he gets is OTT. He can only win the league he's in and beat the sides he plays. He's doing that. I've never known a Rangers side I didn't think could be better, even treble winning sides frustrated me at times. The time for judgement isn't now, it's when we're competing with the top sides again. I think we can read far too much into things just now.

The football we have played under Ally ever since he took control has been appalling. He should be sacked for that alone.

Perspective? Our opponents are the weakest a Rangers manager has ever faced, apart from last season, and we didn't set the heather on fire then either. This is the perspective that needs to be applied. We are a giant amongst ants.

Our play is pedestrian, laborious, unimaginative, predictable and tedious. Instead of reinventing the playing style, we're back in the old routine of monotony and over-generous use of a chequebook. We are backward and boring.

McCoist will always be a playing legend, but he is an out and out liability as a manager. The club needs better, and a change should ideally be made before we return to the top division.

Sadly, I doubt that it will.

We're going to pay a hefty price for retaining a manager who would not find a job at any other top football club.

McCoist can't win here which is why I feel the criticism is too harsh. Yes our opponents are weak, but then we've only dropped 2 points all season. Yet apparently he's a liability as a manager? It doesn't make any sense.

Who do you suggest we appoint then?

The football we have played under Ally ever since he took control has been appalling. He should be sacked for that alone.

Nah, sorry, I tried to debate with you but apparently I was being pedantic. You keep your broad brush sweeping statements for people who don't want any facts to back them up.