Mr McCoist's ineptitude will continue to get masked behind this 'poor Ally and what he has had to put up with' until we are back in the SPL getting battered by the likes of Dundee Utd etc, and by then folk will realise (some of us at least. Others will still see him with a cape on with a big 'S' on the front) that he just plain doesn't have it.

Nobody is asking for Louis Van Gaal - and well you know it. The place needs a shake up. Any number of decent managers could have the team playing better and getting similar win ratio stats. The football is rank more often that it is good.

And one of the points I was alluding to earlier - would I rather the cost cutting saved Ally's £400K position but we lost the likes of Wallace and Lewis MacLeod? Or would I rather we keep our good players and bring in another manager on half the salary? It would have to be the latter for me.

C'mon, he's dropped two points all season, only two points. Some perspective please, no one is above criticism but the reaction to a drawn game, remember we drew we didn't lose, is really over-the-top. Let's see how the side react to this 'set-back' before we pillory them too much.

Your sarcasm has a slight favour of truth funnily enough. Unfortunately I don't think we can even afford Mrs van Gaal at the moment. Some may say she would be an improvement on Ally, right enough. I never wanted Ally from the very beginning as I just don't think has ever been good enough for such a huge club. I think he should have managed a small team first to learn the trade. I also find it difficult to think of 1 club legend that has turned into a great manager for the club,and that is all clubs and not just Rangers. I do agree however losing the place for 1 draw is just looking for an excuse to have a hate Ally Party. Person-Ally:facepalm: I think the time to judge him will be over the next 2 seasons to be honest. Although I have a slight feeling after his voting rights at the AGM the board will be looking for a reason, and indeed fan opinion, to sack him.

I agree. I think most Rangers supporters are still unsure of McCoist as a manager, but I just felt the reaction to our first draw of the season wasn't in proportion.

I think the problem for years has been every summer we seem to need to buy half a new team. If anyone is promoted from the reserves they are used sparingly or when the manager has no alternative. It may be our current crop just aren't good enough but I don't believe that.

We need to get out of the spend to win mentality

I think more people are taking issue with the dire football, the complete lack of development of youth talent, the lack of any development in the team and the fact that despite spending a lot of money, we're going to have to completely rebuild the squad when we get back to the SPFL. This was the ideal opportunity to build a young exciting side with the correct football played that could hit the ground running in the SPFL. Ally gets off very easily. He is very, very highly paid and is highly incompetent.

I disagree. If we're in the top flight in 18 months time then Bell, Wallace, Moshni, Black, MacLoed, Law, Daly, Clark, Sheils, Templeton and Little are all capable of playing at that level. We're hardly having to "rebuild the squad", it will need supplemented but that was always going to be the case.

What is it people expect from 'youth development' exactly? I keep reading this criticism of Rangers yet I don't see any other clubs in Scotland producing great players. Indeed I don't see many in the UK producing great players. We lost Wilson, McCabe, McGregor, Fleck and Ness to greed. We've got Little and MacLoed, who has been nurtured into a first choice midfielder, in the first team and Aird, Crawford and McKay on the fringes. They might not be the Busby babes but at the same time it's hardly a "complete lack of development".

The football yesterday was poor, but that wasn't typical of the season. I don't know how much lower league football you watched before but the standard isn't great, but then it's not great in the top flight either. McCoist is hardly unique in that.

McCoist is highly paid, I'm not sure why you think he's incompetent though, two points dropped all season suggests otherwise.

I disagree. If we're in the top flight in 18 months time then Bell, Wallace, Moshni, Black, MacLoed, Law, Daly, Clark, Sheils, Templeton and Little are all capable of playing at that level. We're hardly having to "rebuild the squad", it will need supplemented but that was always going to be the case.

What is it people expect from 'youth development' exactly? I keep reading this criticism of Rangers yet I don't see any other clubs in Scotland producing great players. Indeed I don't see many in the UK producing great players. We lost Wilson, McCabe, McGregor, Fleck and Ness to greed. We've got Little and MacLoed, who has been nurtured into a first choice midfielder, in the first team and Aird, Crawford and McKay on the fringes. They might not be the Busby babes but at the same time it's hardly a "complete lack of development".

The football yesterday was poor, but that wasn't typical of the season. I don't know how much lower league football you watched before but the standard isn't great, but then it's not great in the top flight either. McCoist is hardly unique in that.

McCoist is highly paid, I'm not sure why you think he's incompetent though, two points dropped all season suggests otherwise.

The players you mentioned might challenge for 2nd or 3rd place but they won't challenge Celtic.

Most teams in the UK aren't demoted three divisions and given the ideal opportunity to give youth game time with such inferior opposition.

Little is almost 25 and didn't get in the team until a year or so ago. He's a good example of why our youth development is so poor. He's only here because we went into admin. Mckay has hardly had a look in this season.

Regarding Ally in the SPFL, the standard there is not great no but you seem to be forgetting the fact that we were regularly getting outplayed. The same applied under Walter. So many times in the SPFL in recent years in our games there's been one team trying to play football and it is not us.

PS - The team would win nearly every game without a manager on the sidelines such is the gulf in quality. Us beating these teams is like a boxer beating someone who has their hands tied behind their back. The key factor is the standard of football, the development, the grace that we play with and it is all non existent.

The players you mentioned might challenge for 2nd or 3rd place but they won't challenge Celtic.

We're certainly a few good players short of a side who could win the SPL I agree, but are you seriously suggesting we should have that quality of player in our side just now? I'm sorry but that's devoid or all reality.

Most teams in the UK aren't demoted three divisions and given the ideal opportunity to give youth game time with such inferior opposition.

A study of sides that suffer rapid demotions makes depressing reading, it's a boardroom level that change is required before they recover. I'm afraid this idea that we can fill the side with teenagers and win the league is misguided.

Little is almost 25 and didn't get in the team until a year or so ago. He's a good example of why our youth development is so poor. He's only here because we went into admin. Mckay has hardly had a look in this season.

Little is an international player. He's not of the quality of Jelavic or Naismith but he's SPL quality. McKay has struggled to break into a winning side. Had we not been winning you might have a point.

Regarding Ally in the SPFL, the standard there is not great no but you seem to be forgetting the fact that we were regularly getting outplayed. The same applied under Walter. So many times in the SPFL in recent years in our games there's been one team trying to play football and it is not us.

You know we finished second in Ally's only season in the SPL? We clearly weren't getting outplayed that often.

Scottish football is fairly bleak, not just us, but I'd also like to see us try to change that.

PS - The team would win nearly every game without a manager on the sidelines such is the gulf in quality. Us beating these teams is like a boxer beating someone who has their hands tied behind their back. The key factor is the standard of football, the development, the grace that we play with and it is all non existent.

You show huge disrespect to our opponents with that comment. The gulf between the league we're in now and the top flight isn't that great, you could interchange half of the SPL and Div 1 and not notice the difference. The sides we play are organised, fit and motivated, beating them doesn't happen by accident.

C'mon, he's dropped two points all season, only two points. Some perspective please, no one is above criticism but the reaction to a drawn game, remember we drew we didn't lose, is really over-the-top. Let's see how the side react to this 'set-back' before we pillory them too much.

I keep saying though - for me it is not about one game. I've said it in games we have won. The football is (often extremely) poor most of the time even through the run of wins. There is no sign of improvement whatsoever in all the time he has been there. If some people say it is slightly better than last year then I'm not going to split hairs over that. It was so low last year there was only one way to go. Can you honestly say that our rate of progress in a footballing sense is on schedule for where we will need to be in 18 months or whatever it is? I am saying right now that in my view there is not a hope in hell of that being the case while the 3 amigos are at the helm of the footballing side.

I stood feet way from them at Stirling Albion and could hear every word. The only thing McCoist could shout the whole game was "keep it going lads". I thought it was an under 11s 7-a-side match. Durrant told McCoist it was shite. McCoist blew a gasket at Durrant, who then proceeded to sit down in front of the dugout and make snide remarks for the remainder of the game, while McCoist blew his top at him every now and then. I couldn't believe this was the Rangers management team who would be in charge of trying to get us back to the top.

I respect your opinion, but I will need a helluva lot to change mine.