I think the best way I can answer your question is to say that when you are involved with any committee you will make assessments of the people with whom you have to interact, how best to influence their judgement and at the same time hopefully gain their trust and respect. That is the best way to get things done and it does not mean having to give in all the time. Indeed when I resigned one committee member referred to the "sometimes difficult and testing circumstances" of our discussions. At the same time one can form good relationships that can be useful outside the boardroom or even over coffee before or after a meeting. My comments that you have quoted again were made in that context.

I hope you will understand that I have done my best to be factual. I may already have over-stepped the boundaries of confidentiality and there is nothing more that I can add.

We can only take people as we find them. You, as an 'insider' obviously, from what you have said, formed your opinion of Regan as an even handed man that you respect - "My assessment, for what it's worth, is that Regan WILL apply the Articles and Rules of the SFA as evenly as he can."

I on the other hand have equally as much right to form an opinion on the same man, given that any "committee" he sits on is ultimately judged by the people he is there to cater for i.e. the football fans. From the minute he walked out on the Rangers fans' representation he was due to sit down with (I think he said "this is a waste of time" when the questions started to get tasty) I have found him to be completely untrustworthy and quite frankly I found his treatment of our Club anything but even handed. Take the tweet in this article as an example -

http://themanthebheastscanttame.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/you-wait-over-100-years-for-one-celticminded-official-at-hampden-and-three-come-along-at-once/

Also what about his brother. As stated in this article does Stewart Regan hold the same views as his brother (Brother Professor Stephen Regan, who is is part of the North East Irish Cultural Network) who waxes lyrical and in print of the 1916 Easter rising, IRA, bold fen***s such as Wolfe tone and his passion for Irish history and literature, his writings on that country and its struggles? Did he ever speak of how that made his job any more awkward? I doubt it!

I do not form the same opinion as yourself with regards to Mr Regan, no matter how close you were to him, with all due respect.

Addressing an earlier point in this thread, the DK thing has been done to death.

However, what's to stop DK investing and nominating a director with his proxy.

Everyone else seems to get away with it at the Club.

This is what I don't understand. With the shares low in value at present why doesn't DK buy a shareholding(below 30 per cent) and appoint someone like PM to the board? It would cost him £5m or so to get 20 percent. Surely that's loose change for him

So much for the SFA's 'supervisory' role. Not worth the paper it was written on. In a different legal jurisdiction they would have been the subject of a class action lawsuit from the Rangers shareholders who were wiped out by Whyte.

With regard to a 'more robust procedure' ... does this just apply to Rangers (a bit like much of Vincent Lunny's work) or will it apply to every club? Also, given the ability to separate ownership from directorship and the club from the company that actually owns it, does the 'more robust procedure' have any substance?

One of our new CEO Graham Wallace's biggest challenges will be his dealing with the SFA & SPFL. It is blatantly obvious there is an anti-rangers agenda at work and has been so ever since SDM abandoned ship and the you-know-who's moved in en masse(no pun intended). It is vitally important he scores points in his dealings with Regan, Lunny and Liewell in particular.

The first thing I'd be asking is to see the SKY contract Dumbcaster and Liewell signed at the start of last season which no one else seems to have seen. Why is that? Is it because there's something concerning Ranges he doesn't want us to know about? Over to you Mr Wallace

This is what I don't understand. With the shares low in value at present why doesn't DK buy a shareholding(below 30 per cent) and appoint someone like PM to the board? It would cost him £5m or so to get 20 percent. Surely that's loose change for him

You try and buy a significant share and you'll realise that you cannot do so at market price, it will take a lot more than £5m to buy 20% unless those who hold major shareholdings drop their demands for ten bob a share. King also risks limiting his options once he makes a move and becomes a hostage to market rules.

people should remember that it is the sfa who made sure we are the same club we always were.

if they really hated us or were in lawwells pocket that would simply not have happened. they may have tried to balance it with some crazy transfer bans and such but in reality green will have loved that transfer ban. may even have asked for it.

people should remember that it is the sfa who made sure we are the same club we always were.

if they really hated us or were in lawwells pocket that would simply not have happened. they may have tried to balance it with some crazy transfer bans and such but in reality green will have loved that transfer ban. may even have asked for it.

Everyman and his dog knows we're the same club but people at the SFA such as Rhegan & Liewell cant bring themselves to say it.

They hate us alright. Were it not for SKY holding a gun to their head prior to the Brechin game at the start of last season then who knows would have happened?

You try and buy a significant share and you'll realise that you cannot do so at market price, it will take a lot more than £5m to buy 20% unless those who hold major shareholdings drop their demands for ten bob a share. King also risks limiting his options once he makes a move and becomes a hostage to market rules.

So how do you see things panning out for DK ? Just asking mind

Everyman and his dog knows we're the same club but people at the SFA such as Rhegan & Liewell cant bring themselves to say it.

They hate us alright. Were it not for SKY holding a gun to their head prior to the Brechin game at the start of last season then who knows would have happened?

sky said they could do what they wanted and signed a new deal. regan has confirmed we are the same club. if sky had any say so we would have been in the spl. let's not also forget that regan begged the sfl to put us in div1.

the notion the sfa hate us is spurious. frankly if i was a celtc fan i would be very very angry with the sfa.