Quick glance at the squad right know

For me - I would like to see Simonsen, McCulloch, Smith, Foster, Black, Shiels, Cribari, Hegarty, Perry and Hutton all go as a bare minimum. that would free up around £40-50K per week off the wage bill (???), which comes in at a reduction of about £2M per year.

For the most part, this wouldnt affect the 1st team - apart from McCulloch but I have to say taking into account his age, wage and guaranteed place in the first 11, I think we need to start to develop a team without him.

The above is just for starters as i think with what we have in our squad will need to be looked at in terms of loans or even getting rid of others to try and accomodate higher quality players. But for definate, we need to shift some of the deadwood out. I will be quite disappointed if we still have as big a squad at the the end of January,

Celtic got to Seville with 3 at the back. Hammered Liverpool and Stuttgart with it. Valgaeren, Balde and Mjallby.

If done right it is one of the most exciting formations as it leaves so much room for attacking on both sides! :D

Defo

I'd forgot about them, I love watching 3 at the back or even a sweeper system. When I play Fifa I usually play 3 - 5 - 2 sexy football indeed haha

Defo

I'd forgot about them, I love watching 3 at the back or even a sweeper system. When I play Fifa I usually play 3 - 5 - 2 sexy football indeed haha

I love 3-4-1-2. Two wingers, two football playing centre mids, a number 10 and 2 strikers. Let the defenders defend and the rest attack! :D

have any Scottish teams ever successfully played 3 at the back

I know we tinkered with it under Smith in 90's but it was chaotic and never worked.

Usually, we can keep the SL 1 folks at bay and they don't come at us with 2 or 3 strikers anyway. Hence, some mobile folk at the back who can cover each other's backs and some quick-thinking midfielders would do. At home against those who aren't that strong ...

Bell

Faure - Mohsni - Wallace

Black

Little - Law - Macleod - Templeton

Clark - Daly

... should well be able to cope. Replace Black with Peralta and Little/Templeton with Aird/McKay as the game wore on, no problem. Shiels could come in for Law or Macleod. Mind you, even Foster can hammer in a decent cross from the right.

For me - I would like to see Simonsen, McCulloch, Smith, Foster, Black, Shiels, Cribari, Hegarty, Perry and Hutton all go as a bare minimum. that would free up around £40-50K per week off the wage bill (???), which comes in at a reduction of about £2M per year.

For the most part, this wouldnt affect the 1st team - apart from McCulloch but I have to say taking into account his age, wage and guaranteed place in the first 11, I think we need to start to develop a team without him.

The above is just for starters as i think with what we have in our squad will need to be looked at in terms of loans or even getting rid of others to try and accomodate higher quality players. But for definate, we need to shift some of the deadwood out. I will be quite disappointed if we still have as big a squad at the the end of January,

Losing Black would affect the first team. I'd also take a punt that it would have a HUGE affect in our central midfield.

I'd also keep Jig for next season aswell.

The rest I agree with.

have any Scottish teams ever successfully played 3 at the back

I know we tinkered with it under Smith in 90's but it was chaotic and never worked.

Alec Clelland and a certain Gary Bollan were the occasional wing backs.

Joky Bjorklund occasionally played in the middle of a back 3 for Smith; as did Bert Konterman (when he couldn't get a game anywhere else) for Advocaat.

Guest The Godfather

For me I'd get rid of

Shiels

Templeton

Cribari

Hutton

Foster

Jig

Perry

Simonsen

That would be a huge saving on wages and would not leave us in a bad position (first team wise) to meet our goals for next season.

That would leave us with

----------------------------Bell-------------------

McAusland------Moshini-----Faure----Wallace

Little-----------Law----------Black-----------Aird

-----------Daly-------------Clark----

With the above players gone we could bring in some cover for RB and the wings if needed.

For me I'd get rid of

Shiels

Templeton

Cribari

Hutton

Foster

Jig

Perry

Simonsen

That would be a huge saving on wages and would not leave us in a bad position (first team wise) to meet our goals for next season.

That would leave us with

----------------------------Bell-------------------

McAusland------Moshini-----Faure----Wallace

Little-----------Law----------Black-----------Aird

-----------Daly-------------Clark----

With the above players gone we could bring in some cover for RB and the wings if needed.

I like your team especially McAusland at RB and Faure at CB but I'm sure you know that Ally won't ditch McCulloch or Foster for that matter as like it or not he's our only genuine RB and can also play LB quite comfortably.

Other than paying off their contracts how exactly would you or anyone else who is making the same suggestion, get rid of the dead wood?