Stockbridge/Irvine stuff is a side-show.

I'm more interested in the business specifics: scouting, coaching, youth system, fan engagement etc. What genuine changes/impoverishments does he see here?

I'm more interested in the business specifics: scouting, coaching, youth system, fan engagement etc. What genuine changes/impoverishments does he see here?

And how to improve the quality of the product from what we've been watching this season and last season?

I don't know if I'd relegate stockbridge/irvine to being a 'sideshow'. Sure, the things you mention, scouting etc, are a higher priority and more important, but the very presence of those two prevents our club from healing and moving on. The rehabilitiation express won't truly leave the station until these two are out the door.

Good enough interview and - for the time being - responses for me. I for one don't think that he can and will give the supporters' groups any more detailed answers for the same reasons as given above. He might be a little more specific, but I would imagine that his hands are tied unless e.g. any investment deal is signed.

See coaching. ;)

We will need to add a better standard of player to the first team squad. That will cost money. People will not continue to pay to watch some of the dross we've seen this season and last season.I would however agree a better manager might get more out of our contact squad

I don't know if I'd relegate stockbridge/irvine to being a 'sideshow'. Sure, the things you mention, scouting etc, are a higher priority and more important, but the very presence of those two prevents our club from healing and moving on. The rehabilitiation express won't truly leave the station until these two are out the door.

I'm not attempting to dismiss the importance of their toxicity. However, the other 'football' issues will be more interesting to more fans so it's a good way for Wallace to apply pressure should he, for example, feel he's unable to get his ideas through the boardroom.

We will need to add a better standard of player to the first team squad. That will cost money. People will not continue to pay to watch some of the dross we've seen this season and last season.I would however agree a better manager might get more out of our contact squad

I've seen many good displays this season and we've played well in patches during our recent poorer form.

New players are always welcome but here's a fine line between improving the squad on an affordable basis and throwing good money after bad if signings are based on bad scouting then coached poorly.

Investment will certainly needed either way so that's why it's vital for Wallace to come up with an achievable business plan ahead of going to the institutions again.

Yes we need fresh investment but surely we need to stop the ship from sinking before anyone will want to invest. I think that is what he is saying.

Even getting us treading water is a good benchmark. I think then we can start seeking investment.

I'm not attempting to dismiss the importance of their toxicity. However, the other 'football' issues will be more interesting to more fans so it's a good way for Wallace to apply pressure should he, for example, feel he's unable to get his ideas through the boardroom.

Wallace, from what I've heard and read, seems to be the real deal. Everything he said in that interview sounded 'right'; no playing to the gallery, no sugar-coating and returning repeatedly to the need to get us back (back??) to sustainability.

I'm hoping that, as a guy who it seems can play a long game, he has marked the cards of Stockbridge and Irvine and they will be dealt when the time is right. One he produces results and has widespread fan/investor trust and support he can make his move from position of strength.