TE: Okay, there was a proposal to cut players? wages, but what about a proposal to cut the wages of the executives? At what point do you target them? We all know who we?re talking about here. Rarely have I seen a more unpopular executive at a football club than Brian Stockbridge?

GW: We?re looking at the executive team as well as the wider staff organisation. We?re doing it. And I will make my determination and judgment on each and every individual we have in the organisation. I?m well aware of the public criticism that comes with certain members of the staff. What I seek is the supporters giving me the time to complete the review. I will stand behind the decisions I make, good or bad.

TE: So there will be changes at the top?

GW: We?re looking right across the whole business and need a little bit more time to complete that project

Reading between the lines here, I think Stockbridge is toast (although he will have to build a case to avoid a massive pay-out) and I suspect he will argue strongly that Irvine is no longer required (and never was).

Very short on substance but his hands are tied by stock market rules and we need to give him the 120 days he asked and was granted by the Board. I would expect a comprehensive business plan at that point covering at least the next two seasons.

Like Frankie I can't see that the Assembly et al are going to get much more at this stage; they might ask the questions a little differently but essentially they've all been asked and answered for now.

Some have said that they are willing to give Wallace time. Know what they mean but, in truth, the supporters have little influence on how the CEO goes about his work. He is answerable to the board and he will require to follow their directives. Can't say that this causes me to feel comfortable, considering the motives of some of our board members, but that's the way it is.

The damage has already been done. Wallace is trying to put out an inferno with a skoosh gun. If we want to be to anything like the major power we once were, we need major private investment. The club isn't currently set up to receive this, hence the likes of King not being involved.

I said so at the time, and I stand by it. Green and co have damaged the club for a decade, when it was our best chance in a generation to get the club running as a successful, financially well run outfit. Under this present model, we will not win the top division, or get anywhere near the CL. That's the reality of the situation.

The damage has already been done. Wallace is trying to put out an inferno with a skoosh gun. If we want to be to anything like the major power we once were, we need major private investment. The club isn't currently set up to receive this, hence the likes of King not being involved.

I said so at the time, and I stand by it. Green and co have damaged the club for a decade, when it was our best chance in a generation to get the club running as a successful, financially well run outfit. Under this present model, we will not win the top division, or get anywhere near the CL. That's the reality of the situation.

While we may not be able to take a good SPL team on in a cup game I personally believe that this team would still end at least second in the SPL. We may have to bring in 1 or 2 players but a one of cup game is totally different to a league season.