Wallace, from what I've heard and read, seems to be the real deal. Everything he said in that interview sounded 'right'; no playing to the gallery, no sugar-coating and returning repeatedly to the need to get us back (back??) to sustainability.

I'm hoping that, as a guy who it seems can play a long game, he has marked the cards of Stockbridge and Irvine and they will be dealt when the time is right. One he produces results and has widespread fan/investor trust and support he can make his move from position of strength.

Reading between the lines of what he said with regards to executives it sounds like he will do what he needs to, if he's not convinced by Stockbridge

he talks a good game but then they all do. lets see if there is any substance.

Your suspicion is warranted and understandable, but I think there's a difference this time - and I suspect your gut feeling tells you that, too, even if you're not yet willing to admit it. It's not just what this guy says, but how he says it.

But, as you say, let's wait to see if/when words turn into deeds before we get too excited.

I've seen many good displays this season and we've played well in patches during our recent poorer form.

New players are always welcome but here's a fine line between improving the squad on an affordable basis and throwing good money after bad if signings are based on bad scouting then coached poorly.

Investment will certainly needed either way so that's why it's vital for Wallace to come up with an achievable business plan ahead of going to the institutions again.

Rangers supporters will not watch a sub-standard side.We saw that in the early 1980's

Your suspicion is warranted and understandable, but I think there's a difference this time - and I suspect your gut feeling tells you that, too, even if you're not yet willing to admit it. It's not just what this guy says, but how he says it.

But, as you say, let's wait to see if/when words turn into deeds before we get too excited.

i think he is genuine enough.

i am sure the same people he is slating for running us so badly are still in charge really.

we will see where that leads us.

Rangers supporters will not watch a sub-standard side.We saw that in the early 1980's

People suggest our performances of the last two years are sub-standard yet we still have huge crowds every week. Football is a different animal from the 1980s and the circumstances facing the club rather different from then.

However, I agree, poor quality players and product will turn people off so it's vital we address that which is why I've highlighted the main aspects of running a successful football club.

I would watch any team that played at Ibrox and gave 100% good times or bad that is what supporting your team is all about. If that means Celtic win the league for a few years then so be it if Graham Wallace backs up his chat with actions then we will be all the better for it.

He's hinting at as much when he talks about 5 year plans

People suggest our performances of the last two years are sub-standard yet we still have huge crowds every week. Football is a different animal from the 1980s and the circumstances facing the club rather different from then.

However, I agree, poor quality players and product will turn people off so it's vital we address that which is why I've highlighted the main aspects of running a successful football club.

Wallace talks about cuts on one hand then adding to the squad and improving the scouting system too. You cant do both of these and reduce costs at the same time.

Ive yet to be convinced by him and I think the wagecuts offered to the first team squad was a bad starting point to reduce costs because these costs are not high for a club Rangers size.

Comparing the questions to the responses makes it simple to understand why Wallace is a CEO and English is a football hack at the Scotsman.

After reading Wallace's responses, I'm willing to give him time and trust for now.

As regards English, I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him.