It appears that Mr Dingwall has his own opinion and agenda that a lot of folk do no agree with - I am one of them also.

But as stated earlier in the thread - if there was a figurehead that could work with the group and unite the various groups then I think it could well work. I would say, perhaps naively, that there are a lot more fans that would buy into this scheme that there are 'Mark Dingwall Loyal' followers. I would hope that the majority of fans would not be put off by the voices, albeit influential ones, of some dissenting folk.

“At the moment we have 8000 Hearts supporters paying £20 a month as they move towards fan ownership and if you have 20,000 Rangers fans doing the same you can go out and buy shares because it is a liquid market.

“The simple maths say 20,000 fans paying £20 a month would give you £4.8million in a year.

“It just needs the right type of people to pull that together and that is the hard part for Rangers.

It seems very doable!

In theory, yes it is.

In 2010 we were looking at 30,000 paying £20/month over 5 years to raise the £30 million said to be needed at that time.

Even if some group could raise £4.8/5.0 million right this minute; there aren't 19/20 million shares for sale at 25/26p nor are there likely to be any time soon.

Investors like Laxey and R&M are not going to sell their shares at that price.

The RST exists to facilitate fan ownership. There is no need to complicate things further by having yet more groups.

We've already had Rangers Unite which was about the most misnamed group of all time, and we still have the Assembly which was massively funded by the club in its early days because SDM feared the RST.

The Association is a long-standing and valid group but the SOS isn't really a group at all.

The RST needs to be further empowered by the support and BuyRangers requires to be given a hard sell.

We do not need new groups who say they want fans to unite - but only exist because they cannot unite with existing groups.

If Mark Dingwall was a problem for some at the Trust - he's gone now - so get on board.

Rome is burning but we already have the tools to put out the fire.

All we have to do is pick them up.

The RST exists to facilitate fan ownership. There is no need to complicate things further by having yet more groups.

I'm a member of the RST/BuyRangers and I used to think this too. In fact I couldn't help but scoff when I saw Rangers Unite emerge.

There are other ways to structure a fan ownership scheme though. What if some fans wanted to get involved but only in a scheme that was structured differently to BuyRangers? If people want to start something different there is no reason that they can't go ahead and do so. It would give fans a choice of how to get involved.

The drawback is that these things don't just appear out of thin air. It needs fans to put in time, effort and expertise. Amid all the criticism of the RST there should probably be some acknowledgement of the fact that it is the only group that has bothered to set up a fan ownership scheme.

Syntax, that is correct.

Amidst the bluster, the RST actually got on with the job of putting a scheme in place to make fan ownership a reality.

That's all I need. While others talked, they actioned a plan.

Having another group to do a similar job would be a waste of time and energy.

It's 'simple' maths, all right.

The share price is going to remain static, is it, while we snap up all these shares? And the funds/institutionals, in it for maximum return, are going to sit idly by and watch us, are they, as we challenge their dominant position? And we, in the middle of the worst economic slump in living memory, are expected to not only shell out for ST's, match tickets, merchandise et al but also for shares and ALSO to kep finding more and more money for shares as the price increases?

Dream on. If you want to see your club dragged down to the level of Annan, Ayr or Motherwell, go for it. Eventually this economic shambles with be over with, investment will return to the club, and if it operates on a sane basis rather than some economics of the madhouse we can be both competitive and prudent. While I hate the 'Rangers are special' argument, to propose a model for us which fits clubs of these sizes is just daft.

Man, this is Spence's vision - surely that should be enough to get the warning bells ringing?

Syntax, that is correct.

Amidst the bluster, the RST actually got on with the job of putting a scheme in place to make fan ownership a reality.

That's all I need. While others talked, they actioned a plan.

Having another group to do a similar job would be a waste of time and energy.

The RST has only had a relative amount of success. If this new scheme does not have the RST baggage, it may have more chance of success. Unfortunately, I just think that there is not the appetite for it at this stage.

It's a shame that Mark Dingwall is taking that attitude towards this new scheme. It comes across as jealousy and "it's ma ball" attitude. Surely anyone who wants supporter ownership/representation then they should be behind any promising scheme? It doesn't have to be all about the RST and his attempts at bad mouthing them doesn't do him (or the RST, even though he's apparently not a board member) any credit.

Andy, our door is permanently open for flawed, rogue, questionable, dubious and greedy ownership to walk in and create the kind of mess we have been painfully enduring these past few years.

We can close it permanently with fan ownership - or leave it wide open forever.

It's not a difficult choice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk