Le Guen is off ( From source )

Can't see a pay-off having happened. It looks like its been a quick getaway for PLG, so I'll put money on it not costing the club anything.

I am inclined to agree with this as opposed to FJ's synopsis, although both are plausible.

PLG, like him or not, never ever came across as a mercenary - and if we cast our minds back to when he signed the great Sir David Murray said he actually had more lucrative offers than us - so why all of a sidden would he be a mercenary ?

I am inclined to agree with this as opposed to FJ's synopsis, although both are plausible.

PLG, like him or not, never ever came across as a mercenary - and if we cast our minds back to when he signed the great Sir David Murray said he actually had more lucrative offers than us - so why all of a sidden would he be a mercenary ?

I would agree with that second point there, but i do think that in doing what he MAY have done, he get's out with his reputation in Europe (especially France) still relatively intact ..... he can blame people for undermining him, etc (his comments made today might not be the same as the ones we hear from him in French when he gets home!!!) Had he stayed and continued the way he was going, he was seriously risking his reputation

Also .... i just can't see this mutual consent not involving some cash sum for PLG!

DM has always had a good relationship with his managers and I know PLG was impressed with the fact he still kept in touch with previous guys, did they all (DA, AM, DM etc) not go out for lunch once? PLG doesn't strike me as a mercenary and while the line about mutual consent is often used, I genuinely believe its just a case of Rangers severing all ties with PLG as of today.

As for a gagging order, I think its probably more of a gentleman's agreement.

I could be wrong, I'm just going on what's happened with recent managers.

As for a gagging order, I think its probably more of a gentleman's agreement.

Call it what you want ;) ;) ;)

Even though im glad to see PLG go, i certainly don't doubt the guy will go on to do well again ..... i just don't think he really made proper effort to settle into Scottish football, or to even research it before he came (and he had long enough!)

Always seemed to me he was trying to force his own brand of football into a country where it wouldnt work (a pity, as lets face it, our league is shite)

I would agree with that second point there, but i do think that in doing what he MAY have done, he get's out with his reputation in Europe (especially France) still relatively intact ..... he can blame people for undermining him, etc (his comments made today might not be the same as the ones we hear from him in French when he gets home!!!) Had he stayed and continued the way he was going, he was seriously risking his reputation

The French will probably lap up the story that he was undermined by xenophobic Scots players who couldn't grasp that the French way is the best way.

If he does ok with PSG then his reputation will probably not suffer in his homeland - however it could put off any Premiership chairmen.

Just been told Le Guen is off and Billy Davis is taken over as manager.

This is from the same source that told me about Fergie being stripped of the captaincy a couple of hours before it came out.

Don't shot the messanger if it doesn't happen but I trust the source.

Well done for sticking your neck on the line mate, hope the ff'ers are apologising to you. Gutted that this has happened but it's time to move on.

People say Le Guen was building for the future, fuck the future, we are a fucking laughing stock and it needed sorting pronto. This is Celtic material from the early 90's. This is not on. Im never one to ask for anyone at my team to leave but I was seriously doubting what Le Guen was trying to achieve.

4-3-3 furfuxsake, aye ok, it works for Lyon and Chelsea but we have Charlie Fuckin Adam who is murder, I have actually seen milk turn faster.

Bringing back Letzi who is horrendus inplace of McGregor who was in form.

Backing Sebo but always criticising Boyd who scores all the time.

Playing down a captians role when all the ones we have had in the past, Fergie inc have been the driving force behind our success.

Then people turn round and say that it was all Ferguson's fault and he was splitting the team...Fergie is a Rangers fan, through and through. He will voice what we are all feeling.....

One of the worst things about this all is the lack of Scots at the training ground. We were needing a McCoist type figure with Le Guen but his arrogance would not allow for it, thats what Bomber Brown left in my opinion.

Durrant is there but he is as quiet as a mouse which only leaves Ferguson as the main Rangers voice to get at Le Guen who funnily enough was next on the cards to go.....

People say that Murray is changing the identity of our club but im starting to think Le Guen was just doing the same......

When Le Guen was announced as manager of our club, the response was unreal. Everyone was slabbering at the prospect of a guy who had achieved so much in France and in Europe managing our team after a season from hell.

From summer 06 when all bears were so optimistic about the coming season, some potential big signings possibly and our captain, who in my opinion bleeds the colour blue coming back after a successful operation onto early 07, our club in a worse postion and our new manager and captain at loggerheads with each other.

This as been like a volcano waiting to errupt for a few weeks now.

I'm truly lost for words. I can't believe things have turned out like this.

But one thing im saying is that im in the Fergie camp 100% and I will not blame him for the downfall of what could have the best few years in a long time....

Fergie is a bear through and through and we will voice the opinion that we all feel.

As for Le Guen, im just so dissapointed its turned out like this. He could have used the Fergie saga as a fast ticket out of Ibrox because he knows he cant take us anywhere...

He will be at PSG by this time next week......

What a crap post imho.

These alex mcleish fans ought to realise that the club is building for THE FUTUTRE and not the past.

If leguen had`ve stayed on and been given time h`ed have turned it round ok.