Le Guen is off ( From source )

Le Guen said yesterday Barry would train as normal, so don't read anything into that.

I agree it is a sad day if the players can dictate when and if the manager comes and goes.

sad day if this ever happenend at our club

I can see where PLG might misunderstand BF,for instance if BF comes in at half time/fulltime and rips into the players, as you would expect from a Rangers captain, and PLG isn't used to this from a captain, then he maybe feels BF is trying to take over.

This seems to me to be the most probable and plausible explanation. What we have here, is failure t'communicate...

They have exchanged words already on what a captain's role is and maybe Barry is doing what you'd expect him to do - getting stuck into players who aren't giving 100%, while Le Guen sees him as just another player with an honorary title who should shut up and let the manager do all the talking. Bazza then objects and PLG says right you're no longer captain and you're dropped...

That's what could have happened and it doesn't sound like they sat down and worked it out in his office.

However if this is the version of events, Le Guen is demanding respect without fully respecting a club captain of some standing.

I'm not backing Barry but having seen the Le Guen refuse to budge on anything at all for six months or give one single reasonable explanation for his strange decisions, it's hard to believe he's been even a little even handed in this one.

I will give PLG more time, but at the moment I really don't like the way he goes about his business and as a fan I demand more answers and proper explanations.

PLG may prove to be a very good manager in the long run, but it's not very enjoyable or nice at all to have him at your club - I am willing to pay that price for success but at the moment we're getting the exact opposite.

I know nice guys come last but it's not good to start to dislike your manager's personality.

But I suppose I don't like our former captain's or our chairman's personality either.

If BF goes to a club on loan then it is a sure sign that PLG will leave.

That scenario is non-workable and if anyone inside the club thinks it is then they are more stupid than I thought.

If that scenario did happen then it would just be the perfect escape clause for PLG

Didn't barry cause a ruckus before when either DA or AM was the manager, i seem to recall fergusson was stripped of the armband.

Was it not Lorenzo Amoruso who was relinquished of the captaincy and it was given to Barry by Dick Advocaat?? And although this is a totally different situation, big Lorenzo went onto play under the new captain.

And people seem to think we'll offload Barry no problems for �£3-4 million quid and get in replacements. The possible problems with that are that we will be wanting to offload a player, so immediately weakening our hand. That and the fact that Barry could now have a reputation as a trouble maker and dressing room dissenter could put off a lot of potential suitors. Not to mention his previous abortive 18 month spell in the Premiership.

As for the Billy Davies thing, while only someones rumour at this point, he's done not to bad a job at Preston North End and Derby, taking Derby upto 2nd place in the Championship. He's very highly rated down south.

Malky

IMO everything is speculation.

I want Le Guen to stay and i hope he turns things round with this decision. If he doesnt (over the next 5 months) then we need to start thinking if he is the right man for the job.